Chapter 13

"Are you sure you are okay with this? I mean, you wanted it to be grand.", Sidharth asks.
Sana smiles,"Who told you that I won't have a grand celebration? After everything is sorted, we will have it my way."
Sidharth raises his eyebrows,"Mam, I am a poor police officer, please thoda raham karna."
Sana puts her arms around his neck and comes closer, "No, not at all. You will not be spared anymore. I am going to... take all my revenge now.."
Sidharth says,"I am getting scared for the first time in life. What are you planning?"
Sana presses her lips on his, "Hmm.. you will know.."

"Oops, Sorry. I didn't know.. I mean..I can come later.", Shehbaaz says as he turns his back to them.
Sana leaves him and moves away and Sidharth says,"Arey, you can turn this way, nothing is going on."
Shehbaaz slowly turns,"Bhai, main ghum raha hun. Sab thik hai toh."
"Shut up Shehbaaz. You can turn.",Sana says.
Shehbaaz smiles and says,"Chalo, sab wait kar rahe hain. Sana, excited ya nervous."
Sana looks at Sidharth and smiles, "Overly excited..let's go."

They arrive at the two storey official building where a few friends and family await along with Sidharth's team. They stand up and salute.

"We are not at the office. So please don't do all these here.", Sidharth says.
"Yes, you are here as our friends. Right Sidharth?", Sana smiles.
Sidharth smiles back and nods his head.
Bhonsale says,"Sir, friends kaha hai, toh ek baat bolun, aap acche lag rahe hai. You must wear such clothes often."
Sidharth smiles,"Yes, I will tell the Commissioner, Bhonsale wants you to allow everyone to wear traditional clothes to office. Barobar?"
Bhonsale lowers his head to hide his smile.

Sidharth wears a crisp white Kurta with white embroidery. His hand is still in the sling but his eye has healed leaving behind a reddish scar. Sana wears a red saree with golden embroidery. Her hair is tied into a bun, with white flowers on it. A simple red bindi on her forehead, light golden jewellery and red bangles on her wrist, completes her look.

"He is right. You are actually looking cute and handsome at the same time in this. I wish I could eat you up now. You look like vanilla ice cream.", Sana whispers.
Sidharth stares at her with surprise, "Are you the same shy Sana I had met the first time?"
"No. I am not. I am the crazy-for-you Sana, madly-in-love-with-you wali Sana. Samjhe.", she giggles.

Ruhani comes up, "Siddhi hum yaha kya kar rahe hain. Tu aise kapde kyu pehna hai? Mereko bhi itna acha na wa kapde pehne ko diya?"
Ranne says from behind,"Aaj shaadi jo hai."
Ruhani looks confused as Sidharth lifts her into his arms,"You love your Sanu, don't you?"
Ruhani nods her head as he continues,"And you get upset when she leaves. So, I am actually keeping her for forever. She will be staying in our house from now on."
Ruhani's face lightens up and she wraps her tiny arms around Sidharth's neck, hugging him tightly.

"Sir, they are calling you.", Gaikward says.
They all enter the registrar's office. A man of late 50's stands up and smiles.
"Please you both sit."
Sidharth and Sana both sit down in the chairs placed in front of the desk. The registrar opens a file and turns it towards them.
"Please sign it here.", he asks.
First Sidharth and then Sana sign followed by Shehbaaz, her father and her manager as her side witnesses and Rita ji, Ranne and Bhonsale as his side witnesses.

The registrar then declares,"Well, Congratulations, you both are married now. You can do the rituals now."
Sidharth looks at him,"What rituals?"
Sana's cousin Anita comes up with a tray,"Jijaji, do you think we will allow this rukha sukha registry wedding. C'mon stand up for both of you."
Sidharth, unable to understand, stands up to see garlands on the tray.
"Please, not these..Sana please tell them."
"Arey shaadi can't be complete without barmala, Jiju. It sounds nice, Jiju..", Shehbaaz says laughing.

Ritaji says,"If you would have got married in the traditional way, you would have done this and more. So don't spoil everyone's mood here."
Sana looks at Sidharth and he nods his head.
They then exchange the garlands and Sidharth puts a pinch of vermilion in her hair parting and ties mangalsutra around her neck and everyone claps.