Chapter 14

Sidharth lifts Sana into his arms and carries her to the bed. He makes her lie down and starts kissing her face. Suddenly the light goes off and Sidharth hears footsteps from outside his house. He grabs Sana's wrist and pulls her down the bed. And just then, a round of bullets come inside shattering the window glasses.
Sana screams as Sidharth pulls her close to his chest. He takes the phone and signals her to calm down. He holds her down and takes her to the bathroom.

"Lock the door and stay inside. Step away from the door. And don't come out until I tell you. Take the phone and call Ranne or Gaikward."
"But Sidharth.."
"Don't worry. Please stay here."
Sana locks the door from inside and moves towards the wall. She could hear shots still being fired. She trembles out of fear and with a shivering hand, she dials a number. After two rings, the call gets connected.
"H..ello.. Shivaji!"
"Bhabi boliye. Is everything alright? Wait, what's the noise?"
"There are people firing..come soon please..Sidharth is outside.. please come.."
"Don't worry, I am sending people. They will be there in a few minutes."
Ranne hangs up the phone. Sana closes her ears, trying to stop the noises. Within a matter of minutes, she could hear police sirens. 

After a few minutes, she hears a knock, "Sana. Open the door! It's me."
Sana opens the door and gets into the arms of Sidharth, crying profusely. He just holds her tightly till she feels better.

Sidharth looks at the dead bodies lying outside his home. Dead bodies of two constables who were on guard at his home are taken into the ambulance. Two of the men are dead, three ran off in a black van before the police arrived. 

"They were Tyagi's men. That one is Tony. I caught him in a small theft case last year.", Sub Inspector Rastogi says.
Sidharth nods his head,"Get the bodies out."
He nods his head as he leaves.
"Sir, I think you are hurt. You should get it.."
Ranne was cut short by Sidharth,"How dare she attack my home? I will not spare her so easily. Never. When is Sarita bai coming tomorrow?"
"In the morning."
"Hmm.. Arrest Tyagi. And prepare a team for tomorrow. We have got some raids to do.."

Sidharth comes inside his mother's room where Sana sits. She is on the bed with her knees pulled near her chest and arms wrapped around them. She looks outside, lost in some thoughts.
Sidharth comes closer and sits beside her on the bed. He touches her shoulder and she shudders and turns her face towards him.

"Are you better now?", he asks.
She nods her head and he continues, "I.. I am sorry. I really shouldn't have involved you in my life right now. I am really sorry. I think you should stay at your place till the case is over. That will be better. I will drop you at your home tomorrow morning."
"Which home are you talking about? I am your wife now. My home is where you are. If you drop me at that house, you will have to stay with me.", she says with anger.

"Sana, try and understand. Kaveri has gone crazy. She wants to get me away from this case by any means. I can't risk your life. I know it is all my fault. I wanted to keep Ruhani with me and in this attempt, I got your life at risk."
"Just shut up. Okay. I wanted Ruhani with me more than you had ever imagined. It was my decision too. So stop saying sorry. I won't leave you. I won't..", she starts to tear up.

Sidharth pulls her close, "Shh.. bas.. stop crying now.. "
"Stop talking about sending me away again. You are my husband. You are ACP Sidharth Srivastava. Can't you protect your family from a cheapo criminal like Kaveri?"
Sidharth nods his head, "I can and I will, I promise. I will not ask you to go. You will stay here with me. Now stop crying."

Sana had fallen asleep but Sidharth couldn't. He sat on the desk, reading the files on Keshav. He has to get Kaveri as soon as possible. He has not much time left in his hands. Kaveri is getting more dangerous, more aggressive with each passing day. He has to be careful now. He has the responsibility of his family along with the job of catching her.