Chapter 15

"How did they know about the safe house? How?", Sidharth throws the file on the table.
"Sir, actually…"
"Don't give any excuses, Kambli. I didn't know what would have happened if Sana wouldn't have told me. I feel so incompetient right now. Thanks to my people."
Kambli and two constables lower their heads.
"You both leave.", Sidharth tells the constables.
"I am really sorry Sir.", Kambli says.

"Who was it?", Sidharth asks, running his fingers through his hair.
"Constable Dheeraj. He took 30,000 rupees to tell the location of the safe house. I never thought he could do this. He was a really honest guy. "
"How is Sarita?"
"Just shaken a bit. She got scared of the bullets fired at her."
"Hmm..Kambli I know I said too much but I think you would understand the importance of these witnesses."
Kambli lowers his head, "I know Sir."

Sidharth comes near him and puts a hand over his shoulder, "I have immense trust over my team. Please make sure no one except our team knows about the location of the safe houses where the witnesses are kept. No one, not even your seniors should know about this. You know Kaveri has some pet dogs at some good posts."
"I know Sir."
"Where is Sarita?"
Kambli replies,"I have sent her to another location. Bhonsale is with her. Sir, I will never let you down. I promise."

Sidharth stands outside the custody room, where three men in bare bodies and both hands and legs tied up are being beaten up by a few constables. They keep screaming, begging to stop and asking for forgiveness.
"Bol kisne bheja tha."
"Hum.. kuch nahi jante.. maaf kardo.."
"Tell or else."
One man says,"We had received one lakh and asked to go and kill the woman. We don't know anything else. We got a call from someone called Pakiya and he sent the money and address."
Kambli says,"Sir, Pakiya is.."
Sidharth cuts him short,"hmm.. Kaveri's right hand."

Sidharth is lying on the bed with his eyes closed. Sana's head is on his chest. She lifts it and looks at him and says,"So you reached the safe house right on time. The men had not arrived by then??"
Sidharth without opening his eyes, "N..o.."
"Then what happened? Bolo na please.."
"Hmm.."
"Tsk..please Sidharth.. tell na.."
"We.. were wai..ting.. saw..them.. and ..."
"Acha.. then you saw them entering the house and..uff.. Sidharth, don't sleep.", she uses her fingers to open his eyes.
"Baby.  Kya kar rahi ho yaar? I am so tired.. let me sleep. I have an office in the morning. Already it is past midnight..Wife bante hi torture suru.."

Sana sits up, "Abhi tumhara kuch jyada ho raha hai. Torture. Fine. Sleep. I am going to Maa's room."
She is about to leave when Sidharth's fingers wrap around her wrist and he pulls her closer near his chest.
"You are going no where. Do you get that?"
"I will go."
"No you will not."

Sana stares at him angrily,"What will you do if I don't listen to you?" 
He rolls over her and presses his lips on her.
He breaks the kiss and says,"I will arrest you, for committing the biggest crime of hurting me."
He smiles as she raises her eyebrows, "That's my word."
"Hurt kya sirf tum ho sakti ho, main bhi hurt ho ta hun..", he says.
Sana smiles,"Fine. And what's the punishment ACP Sir, for hurting you?"
Sidharth softly bites her lower lips, "Your punishment is to love me tonight.."

Sidharth sits on the breakfast table, reading the newspaper. 
"Aye Sidhi!", Ruhani knocks on the paper.
Sidharth smiles, folds the paper and asks,"Boliye Amma."
Ruhani slams her little hand on her forehead,"Haye! Main Amma thodi hun teri? Your Amma is inside. I am Ruhani."
"Acha? So Ruhani ji, what were you saying?"
"Nothing. Just that, tu kab mujhe ischool le ke jayega? Sanu told me to ask you."
Sana comes to the table with a tray. 

"Sana, Ruhani wants to know when we are taking her to ischool?"
"Hain, toh bolo. Ruhani, drink this. Maa, ayo.", she replies, giving her glass of milk and putting the cup of tea in front of Sidharth.
Ritaji comes out of the kitchen and says,"Good Ruhani, aaj mat chodna."
"Maa, tum bhi? You know how busy am I? I don't even get good sleep at night, thanks...", he stares at Sana and continues, "..to this case. What will I do?"
"Stay busy, and don't give time to the family.", his mother says sitting down.