Chapter 1

Good morning sir!", says Bhonsale as he enters the office where Sidharth and others are sitting. Sidharth looks at his watch and turning towards him says,"Sir ji aap aaj bahut jaldi aagaye?" Bhonsale smiles a bit, lowering his head and says,"Sorry sir. Actually meri bayko(wife) aaj maike(her house) jaa rahi thi. So I had gone to drop her and kids at the bus stop. That's why I got late." Sidharth shakes his head as he continues to say,"Sir. You might find this funny but soon you will also have to do that wife's duty first before doing the police business." Rest of the people in the room, lower their heads in an attempt to suppress their laughs. Sidharth looks at him and says,"Are you done shedding light on the relationship? If you give us permission, can we talk about the case now?" "Kya sir aap bhi na.", replies Bhonsale, sitting down on the chair.

"What do we know about the case?", asks Sidharth. Ranne starts,"Eight women all from the red light area have been murdered in the past five months. Shabana, Rani, Rajni, Bano, Kamala, Chameli, Nagma and Reshma. We don't know if these are their real names yet." Sidharth rubbing his temples,"As they are prostitutes, no police or authorities have cared to look into the cases. Even law forgot they are humans too." "What could be the motive sir? I mean why would the killer go after them?", asks Kambli. Sidharth looks at him,"That is on us to find out." Ranne says,"It could be a serial killing. Five years ago something like this had happened in New Delhi." "Hmm.. Yes..I remember. It could be. We should not jump to any conclusion right away.", he replies. After a pause he says,"I want you all to give the equal importance to this case as you have given to the others." Gaikward says,"There is pretty much nothing in the files. No proper investigation has been done by the police."

"That is the thing. Let's start from the starting. We need to take each murder and look into it carefully. Except photos of the dead bodies, we don't have any other information.", Sidharth says. "There are no proper forensics reports of the previous murders too.", says Kambli. "It appears that victims were killed by slitting their necks.", says Bhonsale after he picks up two photographs from the table. "Yes,but in the last two murders, the victims had no such injuries on their body. There were deep wounds in the abdomen.", says Ranne. Sidharth nods his head,"Yes. Style of murder does not match. We can't really say that these are all connected yet. But I feel these are somehow connected and.." "What sir?", asks Kambli. Before he could answer, Bhonsale asks,"Premertion? You have that sir?" Everyone tries to suppress their laughs as Kambli says,"That's called Premonition. But here what sir is having, it is called gut feeling." Bhonsale nods his head in embarrassment.

Sidharth without giving any importance to him continues,"Talk to the forensics and get me the post-mortem report of this woman killed last night asap. Kambli it's your responsibility to ensure that. See if you can get me any valuable information on the other murders." Kambli nods his head as he continues,"Bhonsale gets the khabris active. Any information on the case, however minute, should reach me." "Ho sir.", Bhonsale replies nodding his head. "Get the locations from where these women belong. Bring their madams here. We need to talk to people there to know more." Gaikward says,"We need to visit the places sir, as no one is going to come here." Sidharth replies,"We will go then. We have to check their rooms where they lived." "Sir, you will visit the brothels?",asks Bhonsale. Sidharth shots him a stare and he lowers his head.

Sidharth sits in his room after the meeting is over, looking at the evidence board. Photographs of eight bodies lying in some drain or in the dump are pinned on the board. He looks at the last photo. Reshma, a woman of about 35 years. Her body was found in a dumpster at a deserted street. She had a deep wound in her left side of her abdomen. She had been lying there dead since 24 hours only to be found last night by a beggar.

Sidharth knocks at the door and waits for a few seconds before it opens. Before he could see anything he is being embossomed by her. "Woah! Baby leave me yaar!", he says. Sana giving a kiss on his cheek,"I have missed you soo much.." "Baby we are outside.", he says trying to get out of her embrace. Sana looks at his face and unwrapping her arms says,"I should be saying that. Blushing at you kissing me. But you..How unromantic! We are engaged still." Saying she gets inside without looking back at him. Sidharth follows her in and grabs her wrist. He pulls her close and taking her into his arms,"I don't feel comfortable hugging and kissing outside. You are stuck with his unromantic police officer. Kya karogi, chod dogi?" Sana looks into his eyes and shakes her head,"Our coming together is just a miracle. I am never leaving you. Samjhe." He smiles,"Acha where were we then?..yes you were kissing my cheek. Now the turn for my othet cheek." He shows his other cheek to Sana. She smiles and just as she is about to kiss his cheek, he turns his face and presses his lips over hers.

"So she was a s*x worker? When did you say she must have died?", she asks running her fingers through his hair as he lay on the sofa with his head on her lap. "Hmm.. Probably the night before yesterday. What exactly did you see?" "I saw her in my dream. She was bleeding, her clothes wet with blood. She said her name is Reshma. She asked to tell ACP, means you to help others. You need to protect them." Sidharth opens his eyes,"I understand one thing from this. She is telling more women's life are in danger." "Already eight women are dead. Police has done nothing? Why?", she asks. Sidharth giving out a deep breath,"What can one say? No one really cares for such women. They are just bodies used to satisfy their desires. Society looks down on them. Authorities too don't care if they are alive or dead." She looks sad,"This world is so unfair right. I feel really bad for those women. Forced into this trade they don't have a say in anything. Sidharth please you promise me you will bring them justice." Sidharth puts his palm on his cheek,"Sana please don't think about this too much. I promise I will do everything in my power to stop these murders and put the culprits behind the bars. But you don't get involved in this. I don't want you get hurt in the spirit thing again." Sana looks at him and before she could say anything, the lights start to flicker. Sidharth sits up and wraps his arms around Sana. She whispers,"It is not in my hands Sidharth. She is here. I.. can..see her..Standing..there.. in the .. dark hallway."

Paranormal episodes starts..
Read and give comments. Share it with your friends. Lot of effort goes into writing, do read and vote for the chapter by clicking star below.
Let the suspense continue..