3

Andrezj POV

I was surprisingly excited to see her again. I kept thinking of what Jakub said earlier 'don't pull her into your shit' but I couldn't fathom the thought of not seeing her at least once more. Besides, I always kept my word. I told her I would make it up to her and I intended to do that. There was something different about her. I was never one to chase a woman because they always just flocked to me; That's one of the advantages of being in the mafia, unlimited women but somehow none of them mattered now that I've touched her. I smiled to myself remembering the intense eye contact we had earlier. When was the last time I genuinely smiled at the thought of a woman looking me in my eyes?

I checked my watch, 6:55 pm, good, I made it here on time. I didn't want to be late. It's funny how I just met her but I did not want to disappoint her. Anyone else usually has to deal with whatever side of me they got.

I entered the garage under the restaurant that had secure access. I stepped out of the car just to be greeted by Mark.

"Mark, I'm seeing you too often" I joked.

"Andrew, glad to see you here again, I thought you'd be back in Warsaw by now."

"Well, I have someone I needed to see one last time before I leave" I said grinning.

Mark wiggled his eyebrows, "I've seen it all now, mafia boss Nowak gone soft!"

I stepped away laughing pulling up my shirt to show him the pistol attached to my waist. It was a joking gesture and he knew that. If it were another person they'd be in a body bag by now. I did not tolerate disrespect; but Mark and I were cool, he and my brothers were the only ones that I allowed to know the more humane side of me.

I made my way to the elevator that led to the restaurant. I checked my watch again, 7 pm, she should be here now or any minute. I told one of the waitresses to inform me whenever she arrives. I didn't have a name to give but I did describe her thoroughly, a little bit too much as I could see the waitress start to become uncomfortable. That beautiful lady knew my name so it should't be an issue. I had a private room set up for us, I wanted to have her to myself even if we just sat there and stared at each other.

I sat and waited, and waited some more, and then waited even more. 8:45 pm. I know this isn't fucking happening. She's not going to show up. She's playing a very dangerous game.

Maybe I'm a fool, I've never had to wait on anyone but here I was waiting for nearly 2 fucking hours. I was honestly more mad at myself than at her. I promise this will never happen again.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, who the hell is calling me? Fuck.

"What!"

"Nowak we have a problem" Jakub spoke after a couple of seconds.

"What the fuck is it now" I shouted, I was already pissed and now here he was delivering more bad news.

"There's a situation at the warehouse come now" he responded and hung up.

The night couldn't possibly get any worse than this. I stepped out of the dining room and the waitress from earlier glanced at me. She looked terrified and knew better than to say a word to me. I stormed into the garage and drove off. As I entered the street I secretly hoped to see her but that reality didn't come through. To say I was angry would be an understatement but I couldn't get her out of my head. Her face, her curves, the pull I had towards her, fuck, I still wanted her.

__________

20 mins later I was at the warehouse and I could sense that something was wrong. I saw around 30 men that I didn't recognize standing at the entrance.

Before I stepped out I reached in the back and grabbed the AR-15, I had a feeling I would be needing it.
Once I started walking towards the group, they all turned around. I heard them talk and I knew exactly who they were. The Russians.
Jakub walked up to me saying

["I told you we should have left, Igor wants to talk."]

["I'm no bitch Jakub, if Igor wants to talk we can talk, let's just hope he doesn't leave with a bullet in his head."]

On cue, Igor walks out of the warehouse with an amused look on his face.

"I must say, Nowak, you have a good thing going here despite you never being here"

"Get to the point, why are you here? Why the FUCK are you in my warehouse, I'll give you 30 seconds to explain" I said holding the AR-15 to his chest.

Igor laughed "you're pretty brave to be talking to me like that but then again you are the infamous Nowak, the killing machine I've been hearing so much about but look you're surrounded". All of his men then surrounded me with their guns drawn.

"Now that I've got your attention, it's been brought to my attention that you received a very large shipment this morning and you got some specialized weapons."

"Yes and?" I spat getting impatient for him to get to his point.

"I want them"

"Go take them then" I snickered. I knew he knew that any specialized weapons went to a secured location and that's why he was waiting for me to get here.

He pulled his gun to my temple "Now you have 30 seconds, drop your weapon and tell me where the guns are or Nowak will be no more".

Is that so?

"Okay, but tell your men to stand down and you and I go alone".

He said something in Russian and all his men lowered their guns. I dropped mine and told him to follow me and he did. For someone of his status, he really was dumb. It would have been better for him to take my life then because now I would make sure I ended his.

We went into the warehouse and I made eye contact with Paul. He looked at me confused as to what I was doing.

["They all die tonight"] I whispered to him.

He nodded and walked out gathering our men. Igor and I continued walking until we reached the end of the wall. I touched it and the handprint scanner emerged. It scanned my hand and the wall opened exposing a tunnel.

He mumbled something in Russian but continued walking with me. Once we got to the end of the tunnel, there was a vault. I entered the pin and it opened.

Here we were. The secret room. He stepped in looking around like a spoilt kid looking at candy.
"Yes, yes" he giggled. "Nowak, you made it so easy, all I have to do now is kill y-"

Before he could even finish the sentence I pulled out the pistol from my waist and shot him inbetween his eyes. His body became limp and fell to the floor as I stepped away. Did he really think he would come out alive, he said he's heard about me but clearly he didn't appreciate the source. No on leaves alive unless I see to it.
Now only one problem, his men are expecting him to walk back out and when he doesn't things will get ugly.

I reached for the earpiece in my pocket and attached it to my ear.

["No one stands"] I said grabbing some of the new weapons. Everyone understood the order as I heard gun fire begin. I hurried back to where all the action was happening giving as many of my men some of the new guns.

10 mins and it was all over, 25 bodies laid dead in front of us. 5 escaped.

Antoni walked over to me, "You know we're fucked right? We killed 25 of their men, they will be coming back for revenge once they find out what we did"

"So let them come then, what's it to me if we kill 30 more" I growled. I could only see red and once I started I didn't want to stop.

Antoni stormed off bringing Jakub back with him. What is this? Family intervention?

"Andrezj, I say we leave right now! You're fucking dumb, we didn't have to kill everyone, they had families, fuck, what is wrong with you?" Jakub screamed, I could see the frustration all over his face. I did what had to be done. I killed their leader, they wouldn't let us walk away alive. I wanted to send a message; A message I'm sure they received as I saw more cars pull up and more men coming out shooting.

Jakub fell in front of me, groining out in pain.

This is not how the night was supposed to end.