15

Opal's POV

I twist and turned all night unable to process the last few days. I thought about Andrezj telling me to pull the trigger, about how he lost his mother, about how he's in a gang, about how he fingered me, about how his tongue danced with mine. Ugh.

I wish I could tell Imani about all of this, she is my best friend after all but what if she tells me what I need to hear? That I should run. Or what if she tells me to accept all of this, she doesn't seem phased by all the guards around.

I reached over and grabbed my phone off the night table, 8: 26 am. It's too early to be up. I am still technically on vacation....even though it doesn't feel like it.

I needed to decide what I was going to do, no dick could be good enough to get caught up in a gang. I'm a supposed to be a good Christian woman for crying out loud. I have to leave. I'll sneak out and go to the airport without Imani and book myself a flight.

Who was I kidding, as much as I understood why Andrezj killed that man, I can't be with him. As intense as the chemistry is between us, it's not worth it.

I jumped out of bed and emptied all my clothes from the closet and onto the bed. I had no idea how I would leave unseen with all the guards lurking around but in the end, they can't strand me here, right?

I'll leave tonight when everyone is in bed, I'll get a taxi or something I don't know.

I walked over to the bathroom mirror and had a look at myself, my eyes were droopy and red. It was evident that I was missing sleep. My skin looked dull making me look 10 years older. I turned on the shower and stepped in. I felt lost, I just wish someone could tell me what to do. I usually tried to avoid getting my hair wet unless it was wash day but at this very moment I wanted the water to coat every inch of me.

After 20 mins, I felt satisfied and got out and then got dressed. Thank God for makeup because I started to look like myself again. My eyes were still red but I'm sure some coffee could fix that. My hair had shrunken down to an inch but I didn't care. After I get some more energy I'll worry about that.

I made my way downstairs to the kitchen. I did not see Imani or Mark anywhere in sight, only guard men wearing all black. They all smiled towards me and nodded. Awkward....They sure as hell weren't doing that yesterday morning.

"Dzien dobry (good morning)" I said to no one in particular as I walked over to the freshly brewed pot. I heard a chant of what I'm assuming was the proper pronunciation. I poured the coffee into a white cup that I saw resting on the counter, I'm sure it's clean. I hope it is. I needed sugar or some type of sweetener but I didn't want to bother anymore so I took my cup and sat around the island. I took a sip and gagged from the bitterness.

I felt a presence sit next to me and heard a giggle.

"You're the first girl I've seen drink straight black coffee, but from the looks of it, I don't think you like it very much."

I looked up and met eyes with an unfamiliar face. He had tan skin, black curly hair with dark brown eyes.

I laughed, "I didn't want to bother anyone and ask where the sugar was, I'm Opal btw" I extended my hand out for him to shake. He hesitantly shook it and introduced himself as Sean.

"You wouldn't be bothering us trust me, if anything we'd be fighting over who would grab it for you first, and in that case-"

Sean hurried over to the counter adjacent to the island and brought me a container that had different packets of sugar.

"Thank you Sean, you could have told me where it was and I would have gotten it"

He took his seat beside me and nudged my shoulder, "Anything for Nowak's bride"

I smiled and grabbed 2 packs of brown sugar and poured them into my bitter drink.

Nowak's bride?

I wanted to ask him what he meant by that but I held my tongue. I am not surprised that people thought this way, he did bring me as his date to the event and he wasn't shy to kiss all over me.

I needed to have a talk with Mr. Nowak. Wait no, if I talk to him it's just gonna make it harder to leave tonight. Shit.

No, I'll talk to him, maybe let him eat me out this time and then disappear. If his fingers alone could bring me so close, imagine his tongue, I know I'd beg him to fill me with his thick cock.

"Sean, could you tell Nowak I'd like to see him now, I don't know where I'd find him"

"Of course"