19

Opal's POV

I could feel my heart beating through my ribcage. I had a range of emotions and I couldn't decide which one to process first. I felt entirely silly for leaving the way I did. Andrezj was right...the plan wasn't thought through. It would have made more sense if I had left with my suitcase. If I left this way they'd probably have thought I was kidnapped. Imani would be freaking out and blaming herself.

I stared down at our intertwined fingers. He held me close to his side as he led the way to the parking lot. I'm sure one shouldn't park a 200k car aimlessly in public but I just wanted to leave.

I couldn't help but notice the stares we were getting, some people had their phones out. Recording the freak show Opal for sure.

His men surrounded us, not in an obvious way but I saw them, some I recognized from the house. Their guns weren't out on display but I'm sure they had them stashed away somewhere.

Andrezj nudged me lightly "so, what were you going to do about the car?"

I laughed awkwardly "Umm, I was going to mail the keys to you".

"Express?"

"Of course, next-day delivery if you guys have that here"

His face softened and I saw a smile crack through the corner of my eye. I know he must be thinking I'm crazy as fuck or stupid but that must be his thing because here we were together.

I liked him.

A lot.

I couldn't deny it even if I wanted to. I hate that his mood had shifted since he received that phone call but he didn't want to talk about it. It probably had to do with his gang business and the least I knew the better.

His men went in another direction and left us as we approached the Audi. I can't believe he let me take it earlier, it had to be him. I'm now 100% sure that's who Sean called when I was snooping around. All the dots were connecting, how else would he know where I was now?

He led us over to the driver's side and waited. What was he waiting on? The key? Right.

I removed my fingers from his and nervously started searching through my purse. Shit I hope I didn't lose it! Ahh fuck, what will I do? I'm not such a mess in my everyday life, but for some reason, I was losing all my brain cells here.

Thankfully I found them stashed at the very bottom. I'm pretty sure I put them there so that they wouldn't fall out or get lost somehow.

I could feel him watching me, when will I stop embarrassing myself?

I handed him the keys and started walking towards the passenger door. He opened the driver's door and motioned with his head that I should come back to the other side.

"You're driving kochanie, I still need to see how you handle the gear stick."

I laughed nervously "Okay but I don't know where we're supposed to go"

"Don't worry about that love". He ushered me in, closed my door and quickly jumped in the passenger seat.

He lowered the back of his seat as if to get a better view of me. I felt nervous beside him like this. He looked so fucking hot in those black jeans. His legs were long and you could tell they were muscular. I wanted to climb on top of him again. I remembered how hard he was for me earlier. I know you want to fuck me Andrezj. Truth be told I wish we fucked already, I know that would straighten my thoughts out. But. Now I needed to show him that I'm a big girl, I know how to shift a gear or two.

Before pulling off I heard a notification go off on my phone. Probably Imani or that weird number that messaged me.

I should tell him about that message. I think it was a warning but I didn't want to stress him out any more than he was.