21

Andrezj's POV

I never thought that I would be coming back here, especially to Nantes. This was my mother's birthplace and I spent a lot of time here as a kid while father was setting up base in Poland. 

Life was somewhat normal for us back then. I was surrounded by family, I could trust the people around me and I even fell in love, or what I thought was love. 

Stephanie, she was a childhood friend, we had gotten closer over the years because her family was in the business too. After my mother was killed, she tried to be there for me. Now thinking about it, she love-bombed me and made me feel for her.  

12 years later, I gave in and dated her. Silly me. There was really no love involved but my life felt empty at that point and she was there. She got pregnant shortly after and I was forced by father to marry her.  I never for a second believed that child was mine, the dates weren't adding up and I knew I didn't cum in her.  I wanted to get a DNA test while she was pregnant but the bitch refused. I should have known my father was in on this when he told me I should just accept my fate.

 After the child was born I held a gun to its head. She left me no other choice. I needed to know the truth and that way I did. She agreed to the DNA test and I was right, the kid wasn't mine.

I filed for divorced and told Stephanie that I won't hesitate to pull the trigger next time if she ever shows up in my life again.

My father was more upset than anyone. This was his plan and it was falling apart. He wanted me with the richest Gorski so that his empire could be stronger. Since that day he's been trying to sabotage me by making me heartless and lonely. 

I had met a sweet girl in England a few years after, Emily, and things were going well but then she just disappeared.  All traces of her existence were wiped out. I knew father was behind it, everyone knew. I should have cut my ties then but I believed in that whole family first bullshit.

He wouldn't get that satisfaction this time. I found my wife and not even God can get in the way of us being together.

_______________

I glanced over at her quickly as I pulled into the parking lot. Her eyes were dim but she had a subtle smile. 

"Toulouse" I heard her mumble the name of the restaurant to herself. I cracked a smile. Her accent made everything seem so foreign and I loved it. 

I got out and opened her door for her. She held onto my outreached hand as I gently pulled her out and into me. I took a moment to take a look at her.

"Are you okay Opal? You didn't say a word for the entire ride here." 

She rested her head on my chest and spoke "yea, I was just lost in thought" 

I caressed her face briefly and then lead her into the restaurant.

[I can't believe my eyes,  Andrezj!?]

My uncle's wife Esme pulled me into a warm embrace. She cupped my face and gave me a kiss on both cheeks.

["You've gotten so tall and handsome, when George told me he picked you up from the airport earlier I was surprised"]

["Esme, it's good to see you, my lady wanted to come to France and what better place to bring her than home"] I laughed, pulling Opal closer. Esme's attention turned to her and her smile widened.

She grabbed Opal's arm from my hand and gave her a hug. 

["Beautiful, beautiful girl, oh just imagine how cute the babies will be"]