23

Opal's POV

Let's not think about the elephant in the room. Fiancé. In what world? Well, mine apparently. 

How long would we keep up this facade? How long are we going to be in hiding?

I lay awake in bed unable to get my mind to settle. I looked over at the sofa and saw Andrezj shift uncomfortably. He wanted me to feel 'comfortable' sleeping even though I told him repeatedly that I didn't mind sharing the bed with him.

His family was very welcoming. They embraced and kissed me as much as they did him. From what I picked up so far is that these people were his distant cousins, they ran an underground mafia business as well but they weren't as feared and relentless as Andrezj's group. Just looking at them you'd think they were a typical family. They had striking features but what stood out to me were their grey eyes. Like Andrezj's, I guess now we know what side he got them from. There was an older woman Sophia I believe her name was. She was the one that greeted us at the door. She was in awe of Andrezj, apparently, she hadn't seen him since he was a boy. Now he stood tall, with bulging muscles and a voice that sends vibrations down to your pussy. I'm in awe of him too.

Her husband greeted us after and welcomed me to the family. He did an approving nod to Andrezj as they shook hands. Andrezj seemed more at ease here but his tight grip on my hands had me thinking otherwise. He held me close to him as we made small talk with the family. He explained the predicament we were in and emphasized to them how he would go to all extremes if anything were to happen to me.

"My boy, she's family, we keep ours safe at all cost" the man reassured him. I never got his name and I never asked. He had a dark persona and that made me uneasy. 

Just then I heard the front door open up. I froze in my spot thinking the worst. We all turned toward its direction as we waited to see who would emerge.

"Nowak?" a tall blonde woman asked as she closed the door behind her. She walked up to him and examined his face to make sure it was him. I didn't miss the subtle smile that formed on his lips. 

"In the flesh... Eslie, this is my woman Opal" he spoke pulling me tightly into his side.

"You must be an angel sent from heaven to get this guy to settle down" she laughed and pulled me into a warm embrace. "I'm Eslie, welcome to the family"

After updating Eslie on the situation, we decided to go upstairs to bed. Andrezj had informed us that he had a busy day tomorrow. I was happy actually, it was hard to keep up with the half-broken English that they spoke to keep me included and it's been a long day.  When we came up I didn't ask about the fiancé thing. I wasn't mad about it surprisingly, but I didn't want to get too attached to the idea.  One, it was just for my protection and second, I can't be engaged to this guy. There's just no way.

He already claimed that I was his and I didn't put up a fight against it. I could have told him no repeatedly, tell him that I didn't want him but that wasn't the truth.

Maybe if I fought it I wouldn't be a ringless fiancé to a mafia leader. How did he even come up with this plan? When did he tell them I'm his fiancé?

What about Esme and George? Do they think we're engaged or just together, just his woman? Do they welcome girlfriends to the family? I'm doubting that at this very moment.

He looked so uncomfortable. He was too large for the small sofa and his legs hung over the arms. I felt guilty, I know he was feeling stressed about the position I put him in. He's willing to take his father's life for mine. I'm scared he actually follows through with it. Trust me Andrezj, I'm not worth it. Would he hate himself after? Hate me?