22

Opal's POV

"Tell me everything"

He chuckled, "kochanie you're making me lose focus, I could just fuck you now". 

Just enough light came into the car from the streets for me to see him lick his lips as they formed a smile. I knew he'd approve of me grabbing the gun but shit I wasn't expecting him to say that. I'm scared and nervous, so how the hell were his words turning me on?

I honestly didn't know what came over me. What was I going to do with the gun? Shoot the first person I see? I don't know,  I don't want to be on the run, I don't want that to be my life. Who would want to track me down? 

As much as I hate to admit it, Andrezj was right....again, I should have told him about the text but it didn't seem important at the time. Now look, we're running because of it. I don't know why but I make all the wrong choices when it comes to him. I'm a danger to him and me both. How doesn't he get that?

I don't know how to be with him, even though I'm really not.  He just thinks I am and I like him enough to let him continue thinking that. I'm just so lost. I was supposed to be getting railed by now, that was my end goal, to see if I really liked him or if it was just an infatuation. But now we're in danger and had to leave immediately. I'm hating every minute of this.

What could I possibly do now? I have no phone, no escape plan, I just had to put all my trust in this man. My man? 

"I'm serious Andrezj"

"I need to teach you how to properly use that, it's not as easy as it looks but you'll get the hang of it" 

I swallowed hard, hearing him say it out loud made this more real "You know, I don't want to hurt anyone, I don't want end up a killer"

"Kochanie no one wants to be a killer but sometimes it has to be done to protect yourself, kill or be killed"

I nodded soaking in his words. How has my life turned into this? I save lives not take them.

"Wouldn't it be better if I just went back to Seattle?" I asked fidgeting with the gun, now resting on my lap.

"Until we deal with the issues here then no, it's best we stay off-grid until everything is done"

I felt like I was in a horror movie, right at the scene where the screeching music was getting intense and you know there's gonna be a jump scare.

"Until what is done? You still didn't tell me why we had to leave?"

He shifted the gear and sped up overtaking a car in front of us and let out a sigh. 

"I'm gonna say some things, some you might not approve of, but just know that my priority is to you and keeping you safe."

"Okay" I answered anxious to hear the reason.

"We have to leave because of my father."

"Your father?" I asked confused.

"Mhmm, let's just say he doesn't like the way I do things"

"I'm not following, what does that have to do with us not being safe and my phone being used as a tracker?"

"I was married before, my father planted a woman in my life to manipulate me and once I figured it out, I left. Ever since then he's been trying to sabotage every relationship I've been in trying to get me back with her."

"Okay, but what does that have to do with me?" I was irritated that his father and some bitch were the reason why we're running. And he was married before...of course he was. I felt like a truck had just hit me. I knew there were women in his life before but I didn't want to think about it. It's not like I'm planning on marrying him so it shouldn't matter right? Fuck! My feelings for him are so complex I can't even begin to comprehend how I should be feeling.