16

Nowak POV

I looked down at my knuckles which were bruised from earlier. It still stung but I didn't mind. I pushed my office door open and plopped onto the chair in the corner, letting out a sigh.
It was already 9:50 am and I needed to leave to get this transaction over with.
My blood was still boiling from my father's call and Jakub's comments. Family drama is the last thing I needed right now.

I missed her and her gentle touches. I needed to give her some space though, I didnt want to smother her especially after the events that took place yesterday.

According to father it's already on the news that we're engaged and she's gonna start asking the tough questions soon.

I'm sure she'll be busy with Imani today. It should be a good day for her. I thought back to last night when I told her about mother. I wonder if I made the right choice telling her. I had to though. It was the first step to letting her into my life and that's something I want. I remember how she embraced me while I told her, I honestly wasn't expecting that but I'm glad she did. She made it so easy for me to start feeling again, this woman has to be mine.

I stood up and walked over to the door to leave then I heard a knock. I opened it and was greeted by Sean.

"Nowak , Opal wants to see you"

I raised my left eyebrow, why would Opal ask him? Did she ask? She knows she has full access to this wing.

"She said she didn't know where to find you sir" he continued.

Interesting.

I checked my watch, 10:02 am. I walked out closing the door behind me.

"Let's walk"

Sean was a good kid, when his father abandoned him in England, my father took him in and gave him the option to move on with his life after his 18th birthday or to join us in the mafia. He decided to join. I guess you could say we were like brothers but we didn't have a bond. I trusted him and that was enough for me.

"Is that all she said? How did she seem this morning?"

He seemed a bit nervous, I'm not surprised as he only knows me as a ruthless killer. Poor kid.

"Yes Nowak, and she seemed okay, she told us good morning in Polish, we were all surprised"

I laughed "Did she now?"

An awkward grin plastered his face,

"Yes sir".

I could tell he's fond of her. I'm sure most of my men were. I wasn't worried, this is what I needed for her safety.

"Listen, I want you to keep an eye on her okay, I need you to be her personal bodyguard when I'm not around. You're one of my most trusted men."

" Of course Nowak, you have my word."

"Good"

We entered the main wing and walked into the kitchen alone.
There she was sitting at the island with her legs crossed scrolling through her phone. She was wearing a white blouse that flowed off her frame with blue shorts, which exposed her smooth, soft legs. Her thighs were thick and long, I couldn't help but stare.

As I entered the room, the other men walked out. She turned around quickly and our eyes met. Her eyes were dry, her face emotion less.

What was going on in that brain of hers?

Her beautiful hair was now shorter than I remembered. When did that happen? Last night? Did she cut it? She looked beautiful regardless.

I walked up to her, leaned over and kissed her left cheek. She still had that warm creamy scent that I haven't figured out as yet. It was my guilty pleasure.

"Opal, goodmorning, you're up quite early today"

I grabbed the chair beside her and took a seat. I had full view of her legs that were tightly squeezed together. Being around her turns me into a horny teenage boy. I could feel myself getting hard just by the sight of her.

"Andrezj, hi, it's 10 you know that right?" she chuckled.

"I'm aware, what's up kochaine?"

She gave me a weak smile "I wanted to talk to you about some things".

"Some things like what?" I asked cautiously.

She looked away and crossed her arms tightly against her stomach. I have a feeling I wasn't going to like what she had to say. I hope she doesn't want to talk about her being my 'fiancé'. I needed to have her in a better mood for that conversation. What would I even tell her, the last thing I want her doing is running for the hills.

"I don't know what to think about all of this"

She looked down avoiding eye contact.

"About what exactly?"

"Everything Andrezj, us, you, everything"

She still didn't look at me and I decided not to speak. I know it was too much to expect of her, yesterday was alot. I get that. I wanted to give her time, that's why I planned to give her some space today but since she wanted to see me, change of plans.

I cleared my throat, "Hey so I have to get some work done, I have a transaction to oversea at 11. We'll talk later okay"

"Yea a drug transaction." She mumbled under her breath, low enough that I wouldn't hear if I wasn't actively listening.

I stood up and straightened my pants. Her head continued to hang low. I lifted her chin wuth my fingers so that I could look into her tired eyes.

"Promise me you'll get some sleep today kochanie, take it easy for me please, I'll be back in 3 hours, you know where to find me."

I kissed her right cheek and hovered over her ear and wispered,

"No drugs baby, it's a gun transaction."

I heard her breath hitch and that was my cue to leave. I walked away leaving her in the exact spot I found her. It pained me to leave her like that but it was the only way I could take control of the situation.

I felt a bit at ease knowing that Sean would be watching over her. She will be safe at the house but you never know. I wasn't going to baby her into accepting my lifestyle but I will give her as much time as she needs. I'll answer any questions she has and I'm willing to work through whatever doubts she's having but for now I needed to get this transaction over with.

I exited the kitchen and the men were waiting for me in the living space.They knew the drill. They loaded up the Jeep and we were on our way. I was ready to get this shit over with so that I can sort of whatever is going on with Opal. Worst case she tells me she doesn't want me, then what?