14

Andrezj POV

"I'm not used to seeing you smiling" Jakub smirked walking into my study.

"What can I say brother, I had a good night for a change". He pulled out the chair next to my desk and sat. This was routine for us, every morning at 6 we would meet to discuss the plans for the day. Even though I was the leader of the mafia I valued Jakub's opinion since he is more level-headed.

"I don't want to tell you what to do but just be careful with her, you know your history and with father, I'm sure he's going to want to meet your 'fiance'. "

Jakub was right, I had to protect her at all costs and I can't have father meeting her. I would kill him if he ever laid a finger on her and I'm sure he would.

"Let's just get on with our meeting and I'll get everything sorted out, okay?" Jakub nodded but I could tell he wasn't ready for the conversation to be over.

Yes, she has a target on her back since she was seen with me and I announced that she was my fiance, yes father won't approve, yes she doesn't know the full extent of the type of person I am and what I am capable of, but I am not going to lose her. I'll fucking kill every person until we're the only two left if anyone tries to get in my way of making this woman's heart mine.

For the next 20 mins we mapped out the plans for the day. I had to oversea a minor transaction and Jakub and Paul will be interrogating one of our rival's member. Usually all interrogations went through me, lets just say I get my answers within the first couple minutes but today I needed to spend time with that beauty so they will have to take over this time.

"Andrezj, I know you're stubborn and you don't like to talk but I'm here for you, you know that right?"

I did know that, but I wasn't one to talk about my feelings, not after what father had done 8 years ago. Since I found out it was him, I stopped talking.

After a brief silence, Jakub got up and headed for the door.

"I'm serious about marrying her" I worked up the courage to say. Jakub sat back down, his face blank.

"Ok, does she know who you are, what you are?"

"She knows, we're in a gang as she calls it, I told her about mother."

Jakub's face softened and he reached over and rested a hand on my shoulder.

"If you told her about mother now I know you're in more than for a quick fuck and you're serious". I brushed his hand off, I know he meant that in a joking way but I felt like he disrespected her and that wouldn't be tolerated.

"Look Jakub, don't fucking talk about a quick fuck. When have you ever heard me mention marriage?" I grunted challenging him to choose his next words wisely.

"Weren't you married 8 years ago, or does that not count?"

"Get the fuck out now, you wonder why I don't talk about my personal life, this is why."

He sat there without any indications of getting up so I left instead. He knew that was a sensitive topic for me and it's something we vowed not to speak about. Ever. He knew that wasn't marriage, he knew I never proposed so I don't know why he would even bring that up.

Opal would never be in a situation like that, I won't let her. As long as my hands stay strapped to my gun she'll be safe.

Jakub just knew how to sabotage my mood. I woke up smiling from ear to ear and now I want to fork someone's eyes out just so that they could feel worse than I'm feeling now.

I checked my watch, 0654, I don't think she will be awake as yet and I honestly did not want to be overbearing even though I'm obsessed with her. The transaction was at 11:00 so I still had 4hrs to spare. I decided to do some training, I'll get my adrenaline up and it'll make sure I had enough stamina for when I have her legs over my shoulders.

I walked into my personal gym, taking off my shirt and walking over to the boxing bags. I grabbed a pair of boxing gloves from the rack as I heard my phone ring. I paid it no mind as everyone that I needed to be safe was here in the house and knew where to find me if there was an emergency. Getting annoyed by the constant ringing I walked over to phone to see who was calling.

Of course, it was him.

["I didn't think I would have to call 10 times before you pick up my call, you're already slacking"]

I rolled my eyes and sighed loudly, ["Are we under attack father?"]

["We might as well be, I thought you learnt your lesson from the first girl, now another one and from what I hear she's American?"] he said with anger.

["Get to the point, it's 7 and I have things to do"] After the incident 6 months, I decided I would do things my way no matter how much he bitched. If he didn't want it this way he shouldn't have chosen me. I was no longer his puppet.

["Either you get rid of her, or I will and trust me, you don't want me to do it" ]

I gripped the phone so tightly I'm surprised it didn't break in half.

["If you dare touch her you piece a shit I will plant a bullet right in between your eyes, you hear me?"]

["Well, I wouldn't know about her if you didn't have her parading all over. Tell me why I had to find out from the news that you're engaged? If you were trying to hide that from me then you've failed son. You've failed once again."]

I punched the wall and welcomed the stinging pain that followed suit shortly after. Before I was able to respond he hung up.

Fuck. I needed to figure something out quickly. But there was no way I was letting her go. I needed to fast-track this whole situation for my peace of mind and her safety. Fuck!

I think I'm going to have to kill my father. Fuck!