12

Opal POV
This was surreal, who was this guy that I had my arm wrapped around. Everything linked to him had a gun attached. First it was when we arrived to his house and now here too. I believe he noticed how tense I became as he placed his arm over my shoulder and held me closer to him. Being so close to him comforted me but made my heart race as well.

"Does it scare you?" He asked with a worried look on his face.

"What the guns?"

Our eyes met as he nodded. In all honesty I was terrified. I've never seen one in person but I've seen first hand the damage they can do. Most of my patients that got admitted for a gun shot wound never come out the same way.

"Yea, they do"

He ushered me to a blacked out Audi parked towards the back. If I wasn't freaking out about the masked men with machine guns 10 meters away from me I would have been freaking out over how sexy this car was. It fit him perfectly. If someone asked me what type of person do I think can afford to drive this, he would come to mind immediately.

He opened the passenger door and waited for me to get in. I faced him wanting to take another look at man that I wanted to ravish me. His face was hardened as if he was worrying about something. I wanted to pull him into a hug and tell him to relax but that wasn't my place. God knows what he's even thinking about. Once I got in and sat he closed the door and strode over to the drivers seat.

He sat and loosened his tie. I thought he couldn't get any sexier but boy was I wrong.

"I know I can't ask you not to be scared of them but I want you to feel comfortable enough." He said as he started the car.

I put on my seat belt and turned my body to face him.

"Why should I be comfortable with them?" I asked, I was beyond confused.

Next thing he's gonna tell me he's a drug lord. I mean it would make sense. He drove off into the dark empty street, this wasn't the way I came earlier, it must have been a back road. I eyed him cautiously waiting for his response. He clenched his jaw and ran his fingers through his hair.

"Open that compartment and take out what's inside for me"

Still befuddled, I slowly reached over the compartment in front of me and opened it. Inside the car was dark so I could not see what exactly what I was supposed to be pulling out. I put my hand inside and started to feel around. My hand brushed over something cold, like metal. I ran my fingers over the object and I became paralyzed with fear. I knew what this was.

"It's okay, take it out, let me see you hold it" he said resting his hand on my thigh. I wrapped my fingers around the base and shakily removed the gun.

"Good girl" he gave my thigh a squeeze and a smile formed on his face.

Still shaking I examined the gun under the dim lights that came in from the street.

"That's a 9mm Glock 19, nothing too special but it gets the job done"

"Gets the job done? What the fuck Andrezj?" I screamed. His smile was gone and he was back to being unreadable.

"Kochaine, there are things I can't tell you as yet, but I need you to be comfortable with this gun. I need you to be able to protect yourself my love"

"I've never had to protect myself with a fucking gun before, what are you some gang leader and now my life is in danger?"

He sighed "Not exactly but yes"

I could hear my heartbeat pump through my ears, I was dreaming. That's what this is. There's no way this was happening to me. He removed his hand from my thigh to switch the gear as he sped up. I turned my body away from his and looked through the window. I wanted to cry but no tears would come. From the corner of my eye I saw him sink into his seat.

"I know this a lot to take in my love, I'll give you as much time as you need."

Time? I was leaving somehow, fuck that. I had some money saved up so I'll just book a ticket back to Seattle tonight. As much as my body pulled towards his it couldn't be worth it. It's not worth my life.

I grabbed the gun from my lap and pointed it towards him, the smile I was gushing over a few minutes over came back on his face. I don't know what I was thinking but my body was taking over and my brain just watched as it killed us.

He laughed out loudly, "Now pull the trigger baby". How could his words sound this sexy. Did he want to die? Did he want me to kill him? Did he want us both to die because he's driving 100mph right now.

I hurriedly lowered the gun and was about to open the compartment to put it back when he touched my arm.

"Hold it up again and pull the trigger, it's this part over here" he said showing me exactly where I should pull with his free hand.

"No I can't, I'm sorry, I don't know why I did that" the tears started once more.

Now I was terrified for my life, I just pulled a gun out on a gang leader.

"Kochaine, pull the trigger, I won't ask you again, I need you to trust me", now his face was serious, his brows were knitted and his eyes seemed darker.

Accepting my fate I held the gun up to his temple and put my finger over the trigger.

"Now pull it"

I closed my eyes and did the one thing I would surely regret.