17

Opal POV

Where the hell is Imani? I ran upstairs to grab my phone and decided I would just stay in my room for the day.

"Where are you??" I typed into our chat and hit send throwing my phone back onto the bed.

This is not what we had agreed on. This was more or less supposed to be a girl's trip but look what it's turning into. Like what do I do now? I'm in a new place, I don't speak the language. Ugh.

I shuddered at the thought of how awkward things were between Andrezj and I. I know that I'm the one to blame. I still want to talk to him about our situation but my thoughts just get jumbled whenever he's close.

Now would be the best time to leave. Imani is nowhere in sight, Andrezj will be gone for the next 3 hrs and I don't see any of the guards. This is perfect.

Thats it I'm leaving today. Imani will get over it and Andrezj, he'll just have to forget about whatever this is that we have going on.

I just needed to get out of here.

I felt like I was having a panic attack trying to figure out my next steps. My heart was racing and it suddenly became hard to breathe. I needed to calm down or else I would truly be stuck.

Think Opal. Think.

Should I get a taxi to the airport? I'm sure they don't know English so that won't work. Uber? I'll just have to try my luck.

I sat on the floor and rested my back against the bed, I opened the Uber app and to my surprise, it said no available drivers in your area. No shit. I'm in the middle of nowhere. Fuck. How the hell am I going to leave? I need a car.

Andrezj has that Audi parked somewhere. If I could find the keys I could just borrow it. If this didn't work I'm out of options. Well technically no, I'm not a prisoner so I should be able to leave if I want, I just want to do it without causing a scene.

Where would I even find his keys? In his study, in his room? Fuck, how am I going to figure that out without asking questions? That guy from earlier! Sean? I could try and find him, tell him that Nowak had told me I can use his car but I forgot where he left the keys. That wouldn't be suspicious at all...He did see us talking privately before. I let out a sly chuckle. The plan was all set.

I grabbed my purse and exited the room, sneaking one last glance at the place I'd never see again. I turned towards the staircase and let my fingers run down the rail as I made my way down. This had to work.

I looked around and the men were still nowhere in sight. I walked over to the kitchen to grab another cup of coffee. That's all I've been drinking. Who knew I would be losing weight on my vacation!? I saw 2 take-out boxes laid out on the counter and decided to take a peak. I looked around, making sure no one was watching, and opened it. My mouth started watering instantly. The aroma swept into my nostrils and I couldn't help but moan.

What was this?

Flatbread? It was a loaf covered with mushrooms, onions, cheese, and a red sauce drizzled on top. Without caring who this belonged to, I grabbed a slice and took a bite.

This. Was. Amazing.

I started to do my little dance forgetting where I was for a second. I turned around quickly to see if anyone had entered but I was still alone, I had the feeling I was being watched but it must have jitters about what would come next.

I grabbed another slice and took a huge bite, if my mother saw me eating this way she'd call me a glutten but no need to be dainty when I haven't had a proper meal in days.