Chapter 2: Merde

☼ Elias ☼

I went to Ukraine to form an alliance with the Ukrainian mafia. Their leader, Fedir Anastas, agreed to help us take down the Russian mafia, a common enemy of ours, as long as they were our number one beneficiary in our arms trading. It's all worth it to get back at what those Russians did that day.

Business went smoothly and Luca and I returned a few days early.

Now I'm home and I'm so tired and hungry. After dropping our luggage off at the front entryway Luca and I head for the kitchen.

When we walk in we see a small girl bent over with her head in the fridge. My fridge. Who the fuck is this girl? Is she Gio's babysitter? I don't remember her being so- so small? Plus Vanessa- Gio's babysitter- is a redhead.

"Ally, where are the eggs? I want to make us some breakfast!" The tiny brunette says with her sweet melodic voice.

"Who the fuck are you?" I grumble, clearly shocking her when she smacks her head on one of the shelves above her.

"Merde!" she cries out rubbing her head as she turned around to look up at me. French? I glare back down at her and raise a brow waiting for a reply, which she doesn't give.
(shit!)

"They're on the-" Alessandra cuts herself off when she sees me glaring at the brunette, "What are you doing here, I thought you get back Monday?" she moves in front of the brunette rather protectively.

I glance at the corner to see another girl standing tall watching our interaction, "Alz who the fuck are these people?" I snap at my sister, who looks mad. Why the fuck is she mad? This is my fucking house!

"They're my friends, Sabrina, " she replies nodding to the tall dark-skinned girl in the corner, who salutes. Then she points her thumb behind her to the little brunette girl who slightly scrunches her freckled nose, "and Maeve. Girls this is my brother, Elias." She says turning her head back to glance at the two.

Maeve. Why does that sound so familiar?

Whatever it's not like she's the only Maeve in the world.

I wave at the two strangers and Luca jumps up from behind me, "well hello ladies!" He chides and I cringe so fucking hard at the dork that's my best friend. "I'm Luca, you can call me... well, Luca!" God, he's so stupid. "And this right here is my buddy, Elias, we call him E," he smacked my chest, and I elbow him in the stomach. "Ow, I didn't even eat yet man!" He pouts.

Oh, we're definitely sparring later so I can kick his ass.

"Where's Marcus?" Alz asks a little too excitedly with her eyes roaming around the room.

"He's working," I glare.

"Um, hi." Little Maeve starts fidgeting her fingers and looking down, "I was going to make breakfast, would you guys like to join?"

"No- fuck! what was that for?" I blurt when Alz kicks my shin and Luca punches my arm. Even the Sabrina girl is sending me glares from across the room.

"I'm hungry you shit face!" Luca whisper shouts at me.

I look at Alz and she's giving me a look with her piercing green eyes. Say yes. That's what she's trying to say.