Chapter 30: Pinky Promise

☼ Elias ☼

"Amore." I carefully shake Maeve awake, placing a kiss on her forehead, "wake up, we're late."
(Italian- Love.)

Maeve groans. "Late?" She says groggily, "to when?"

I grin at her inability to form a proper sentence so soon after waking. "I've already delayed the jet by an hour so you could sleep, but now you need to get that cute ass of yours out of bed."

Maeve rolls over, turning her body completely towards me with a tired pout on her face. She then pulls the covers over her head in an attempt to return to sleep.

"Piccolina," I draw out, yanking the covers back. I rub the sleep from her eyes and pull her up.

"Attendez... give me a minute to understand my surroundings," Maeve explains, pressing her palms to her cheeks. "What even happened last night... did I break something?"
(French- Wait.)

I smile to myself, remembering the events of last night. After explaining very briefly to Maeve how she ended up high,  I share the news with her. "We leave for Italia today, get ready," I tell her, pulling her out of bed.

"Non... I don't follow, isn't it too soon?" Maeve asks, tilting her head with question.

"Oh... surprise?" I smile, nudging her into the bathroom. "Shower and get dressed."

We are leaving earlier than planned but that's due to some... urgent business that came up in Italy.

"Wait I need clothes!" She shouts as she runs toward the door.

"Maeve."

She stops and turns to me with a questionable smile, "yes?"

"Would you like to put on a shirt before you do that?" I ask, handing her my shirt as I scan my eyes over her partially nude body.

"Oh... oui, that would be a good idea!" She smiles and gives me two thumbs up. She then takes the shirt from my hands and throws it on before proceeding to her room.

She returns only moments later with an outfit, her shower products, and her skincare products all piled into her arms. She rushes straight into the shower and after an excruciatingly long hour, she emerges from the bathroom with steam rolling around her.

Why do I feel like this should be in slow motion?

"Fuck me..." I whisper to myself, watching Maeve in her long blue floral skirt—that hugs her ass so well—and her white silk top that she's holding up from the back to prevent it from slipping off, which I wouldn't mind if it did.

Fuck. She's so beautiful, every time I see her feels like I'm looking at her for the first time and falling in love over and over again.

"Eli!" She shouts, running to me. She stops in front of me, smiles briefly, then turns her back to me. "Help!" She says, tugging at the loose silk strings at the back of her top.

I take the strings and cross them over each other and loop one through the other, pulling it tight against Maeve's beautiful back. I finish with a bow, securing the knot in place.