SEVENTEETH

"How many times am I going to bump into you?"

Eunmi complained, tightening her grip on the strap of her bag. Truthfully she had been avoiding Seojun ever since the night of the karaoke incident. Granted, she didn't remember much, but enough nonetheless.

Seojun sucked air through his teeth as he hoisted Eunmi onto his back, her arms locking over his neck (not in a weird way) and he started racing towards the oh-so far bus.

The thumps of his steps to catch up to the bus were loud and quick, waking Eunmi up. She was quite unaware of her surroundings. At first she thought she was getting kidnapped. But she was pretty sure the kidnapper wouldn't offer her a jacket to keep her warm.

Wait. A foreign jacket. Around her shoulders.

The familiar scent of overdone cologne and the messy black hair. She couldn't piece it together, head still throbbing to when Suho practically punched her, but the person carrying her definitely wasn't a stranger.

She let her eyes fall and she could feel herself slipping into unconscious.

Seojun eyed her carefully, pressing his lips together. "Watch where you're going." was all he said before walking right pass her. Eunmi thanked the gods for not having to interact with Seojun to much.

As he walked away, Seojun couldn't but help but feel her eyes on him. Or was he overreacting? He didn't know. But he was questioning himself as to why he cared? For now he pushed those thoughts aside. But sooner or later he would have to sort out his thoughts.

Once he arrived home, he shook off his bag and flopped onto the couch. Seojun laid there, eyes shut until his phone began to ring. A groan of annoyance escaped his lips as he fished it out of his back pocket.

Seojun sighed, looking at the caller ID. Begrudgingly, he picked it up. "Yea?"

"Are you not even going to say hi to me?"

"Gowoon," he sat upright, facing the blank tv. "What is it?" he chose to ignore his sister's wishes, not really caring. "Gosh, don't sound so stern. Anyways I need you to come pick me up from work."

Phone still up to his ear, Seojun turned his head to glance at the digital clock that sat on a shelf. "Right now?" he could hear gowoon hum into the speaker. "Fine-" "Oh! And on your way can you pick up a new concealer for me? I'm running out."

Concealer? He didn't even know what that was. But because he was oh-so nice, he complied. Seojun got off the call and threw himself backwards on the couch. "I just wanted a nap </3 ."

⤿

Seojun approached the mall, where the makeup store Gowoon said to go was in. For a Monday afternoon, it was pretty busy. He walked up to the big double doors, and let himself in.

It took him a while, but Seojun finally found the place. It was honestly quite big, he didn't know how he missed it. There was no specific front entry so he just walked right in. Automatically, he could smell the scent of some type of perfume when he walked in.

Aisles and aisles of different makeup, cosmetics, brushes, lashes, brands- It was all to much for him to handle. He didn't know where to start. Seojun took out his phone and unlocked it. He clicked on the message app and the last conversation he had with his sister popped up.

Gowoon had sent him a specific kind of concealer and what store to find it in; not which aisle to look in. So like any lost person, he wondered around aimlessly.

Somehow, he found himself in an aisle that felt wrong. Seojun's eyes switched back and forth between the picture she sent and what was on the shelves. What was shelves was more glossy, glittery and pink. Really, really pink. What was on the picture was more neutral, something that would match the skin.

'Maybe they just look different online.' was what he told himself, yet as he began to pick out which one to buy, something in the back of his head told him he was wrong.

"You're not going to find what you're looking for in this aisle." he knew that voice. Slowly, Seojun turned his head, hoping it was not who he thought it was.

"Don't be too disappointed to see me." Eunmi bit her lip in thought, her gaze not leaving the products on the shelves. Her fingers skimmed the glittery tubes and picked one. On the tube, it read 'watermelon sugar' .

"I've been liking this one a lot more." she said to no one in particular. She placed it into her little shopping bag, beginning to leave. As embarrassed as he felt, he would have to ask her if he wanted to leave this place quickly.

"Wait!-" hesitantly, he could see Eunmi turn around. Awkwardly, she pointed to herself in confusion. Seojun nodded. "Help me look for this." he asked, showing her the picture on his phone.

Eunmi hummed, thinking over it. "Okay, but you owe me a new lip gloss." Seojun wanted to scream. How much longer was he going to spend in this place? Not only his time, but his money. He should've just asked a worker. But it was to late as Eunmi started to graze the products. (To which he assumed were lip glosses)

She started to swatch lip glosses on her wrist, bringing her wrist up into the light to try and get a better look at them. Her eyebrows creased and her lips flipped into a tight frown. The color wasn't showing as much as she hoped, considering this brand was very expensive.

"Seojun come here," Eunmi gestured him closer to her. "Let me try this on you." she said, holding up one of the glosses up and instantly he backed away. "C'mon, you wanna find the concealer, don't you?" Did he really want to anymore? Honestly he thought of just telling his sister they ran out.

"Why can't you do it?"

"I'm already wearing gloss. I don't want them to mix." she shrugged, moving closer to him. With a harsh sigh, he let her. Eunmi placed the applicator onto his soft lips, the gloss spreading nice and evenly.

It was only then when Eunmi realized how close in proximity they were. Awkwardly, she backed away and cleared her throat. "Um okay, I'll take this one." she dropped the lip gloss into her bag. "Let's go find the concealer now."

"Okay- Wait why does this cost so much-"

a/n: make his pockets
hurt 😩 LMAOO JK
n e ways longer
chap bc i didnt
update last week </3