NINETEENTH

The cold morning breeze kissed her soft skin delicately, goosebumps trailing along her exposed skin

The cold morning breeze kissed her soft skin delicately, goosebumps trailing along her exposed skin. "Eunmi, are you excited?" Hera turned to her, lips forming into a smile.

Eunmi unintentionally ignored Hera, mind wandering off to somewhere else. Complicated thoughts about her feelings clouded her head. Why did she feel so heart-ache-y after seeing Seojun upset? It set an icky feeling in her stomach. She didn't like it. Not one bit.

"Eunmi," Hera squinted, brows knitting in slight concern. "Did you hear what I said? You've been spacing a lot more." Eunmi spun her head around, facing Hera. "No. I'm sorry, I didn't hear your question."

"You've been acting really off. Like, more off then usual." Hera said, hands clutching onto the straps of her red backpack. "Hera, I'm exceptionally fine." Eunmi gave her a reassuring look.

"Since when did you guys become waiters!" Eunmi heard Mr. Chae yell, holding up a confiscated bottle of soju from her fellow classmates. The teacher turned away, profanities leaving his mouth.

Eunmi was kinda glad her teacher was being distractive, she didn't like the thought of Hera confronting her weird attitude. Yeah, Eunmi knew she was acting weird. But she had to settle her thoughts and feelings. She had to settle what was bothering her.

Hera laughed a bit at the scene, eyes following as Daniel wearily approached them. "Guys! I didn't know whether the trip was today or not, so I sprinted here." he said in between worn–out breathes.

The two laughed at Daniel as he waved them off, propping up his (quite unnecessary) suitcase he had brought with. Hera engaged in conversation– more like teasing Daniel, letting Eunmi be.

Eunmi continued to let herself wander off into her own world, her finger pads pressing lightly onto her palm out of habit. The morning sun beat down on the students of Seuli high, clouds puffing to get ready for their day. The students waited in the middle of the soccer field for the buses.

The group next to them, a way to familiar group, was being extra loud. This, pulled Eunmi out of her thoughts. An irritated expression was seen on her face as she turned to look at them.

Just as she did so, Eunmi saw Seojun run up to them, not sparing Eunmi a single glance. She watched him beam a bright smile as he stood very close to Jugyeong.

"Are you guys going out?" Sua smiled, raising a brow. "Did you guys wear matching outfits to announce you guys are a couple?!" Sua held her fists, jumping up and down like a child who just received a puppy for Christmas.

Seojun and Jugyeong both wore striped black and white shirts, black jeans and even denim jackets. This had to be a set up.

"Huh? No way." Jugyeong shook her head, nose scrunching slightly. As Eunmi eavesdropped on their conversation, she hoped Seojun declined too. Wait, why would she even care–

"Jugyeong, I feel like that's what you had in mind." Seojun smirked. He leaned in a bit closer, "Do you wanna be my girlfriend that badly? Let's just date."

A nasty, gross feeling burned beneath Eunmi's chest. She didn't like it. Why was she feeling so weird? She didn't know the relationship between Seojun and Jugyeong, but whatever it is... It irked her. It irked her so much. She hated how much it messed with her.

She watched them bicker, as if they were a couple. A couple. The words left a bad taste in her mouth. Suddenly instead of her fingers pressing onto her palm lightly, her fingernails were now dug into her skin. When she removed her fingers, she could see red crescents marked into her flesh.

"Eunmi, they're starting to board the students onto the bus. Let's go." Hera tugged on Eunmi's sleeve, drawing said girl's attention away. Eunmi nodded and placed her hands onto the straps of her bag, feeling the slight burn when her palm met with the harsh material.

Eunmi somehow ended up lost in the sea of students and now she was behind Jugyeong as they started to walk down the aisle of the bus. Sushi sat in the front, eyes instantly locking onto Jugyeong.

"Jugyeong, come. Sit here." he instructed and Jugyeong grinned, slipping her bag off as she sinked into the fluffy bus seat. Eunmi couldn't care less, looking towards the back as she saw Hera and Daniel sitting together.

Daniel gave her a sympathetic smile, shrugging. Hera on the other hand gave her a 'there was nothing we could do about it' look. Eunmi's eyes trailed over the seat across from them, praying that it was empty.

Nope.

Han Seojun. Han Seojun sat in the window seat of the seat closest to her friends. God.

Eunmi walked faster, quickly taking the seat beside Seojun. She slipped off her bag and placed it underneath her chair. "I'm not sitting here because I want too." her words were jarring, maybe they were hidding something– I wouldn't know.

"Clearly." Seojun mumbled, eyes fixated on Jugyeong and Suho talking and giggling in the front. He seemed disappointed almost.

And that made Eunmi feel absolutely vile.