𝗧𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲- 𝗣𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗮𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀

~~~~~~~

DONE- Chapter 3/ Preparations

Right foot up, block, punch, kick, duck and lock.

"Good Scarlett, you have always been amazing but you sure are getting scarier, kitty."

"Yeah, yeah I have always been scary Noah." he laughed at my comment and I joined him too. Noah was my only friend here. He came 3 years ago and is the best fighter we know, obviously after me. He is awesome and I actually had a crush on him when he first got here. I am a sucker for romance but personally, in my life, no one has captured my heart or I don't let them that close.

With Noah, nothing really happened. I think he saw me just as a friend or a little sister. I didn't really care all that much and after 3 months my crush on him disappeared out of nowhere. I was nineteen and clueless, naive and I wanted to live a normal life, where you fall in love, have three kids, and grow old.

I learned the hard way when I saw my parents. My parents never really married for love but throughout the years my mother had the stupidest idea to fall in love with my father. I know my father was unfaithful to her a million times until one day my mom got enough of him cheating and she broke.

I left with my mom and for a whole year, I didn't have any contact with my father. I think I was 9 but even at that age, I understood what was happening. I have hated my father since that day. I try to be the perfect daughter only because of my mom. She forgave my father and gave him one more chance. That's why she hated when we would argue.

My father grew to love my mother. After that, he got on his knees and begged my mother to take him back. He said a bunch of bullshit, like he needed both of us in his life, that he was ashamed of everything he did and that he loved my mother but he couldn't show or have any feelings. I guess, I understood after some years, my mom was a strong-ass woman but without my father, by her side, she just wasn't the same.

"Hey! What's wrong kitty?" I realized I spaced out. I could feel the frown on my face.

"Nothing just stressed. The whole ball thing and the arranged marriage got me thinking of a bunch of stuff." I sighed and looked back at him.

"Well, you should rest, the ball is happening in three days. Don't want you to fail this mission and see your father explode with anger."

"Thanks, Noah I'll see you tomorrow." I walked back to my room but before I could reach it I saw my mother at the front door.

"Oh dear, I was waiting for you to go shopping for your dress, shoes, and accessories, you know since there will be young and attractive males you could pull." she wiggled her brows and I just stood there chuckling.

"Yeah, sure mom. Let me just freshen up and I'll go with you. Give me just 20 minutes." I ran up the stairs. It's not every day you get to go shopping with your mom.