𝟮𝟭. 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝘆𝗼𝗿𝗸

You know what beats beyoncé? mercedes jones!

Nationals. The New Directions had made it. They were ready to smash their performance out of the park. Only problem for them was they hadn't got any songs written for their set list, but they were quite calm about it. They just had a gut feeling that they had a shot at being titled as the winners. Plus, they were in New York City which had them all high on adrenaline.

However, no one was as excited to be in the big apple as Rachel Berry who was admiring everything about Times Square. Charlotte felt a smile come to her lips as she watched the girl gasp at the big signs and feel the buzz of the city.

Charlotte sat next to Sam with the rest of the glee club on the staircase. With massive smiles on their faces, they were all thinking back to where they were when glee club first started.

Kurt couldn't help but smile as he took his friends on a trip down memory lane, reminiscing on the times where they wouldn't have thought this moment was possible. "A year and a half ago the new directions were nothing but a group of six misfits stumbling their way through a horrendous rendition of sit down you're rocking the boat. Now we're here, at the top of the show choir heap- Nationals"

"I wanna hit up central park, get my frolic on" Tina announced with a smile on her face.

"I wanna throw stuff off the Brooklyn Bridge!" Puck grinned excitedly as Charlotte giggled at him.

"Guys hold on, I mean, we still have two songs to write." Finn forced their excitement to a halt as he focused on their task.

Kurt rolled his eyes playfully. "Okay Mr Bossy pants. But I think we have some time for a tune before we leave"

Kurt then started a casual sing song of New York, New York, encouraging the group to sing along cheerfully, full of excitement for their competition and for being in New York City together.

With a pleased expression on her face, Rachel skipped over to her friends, interrupting their song. "Guys, I have news. To celebrate our impending win at nationals, I got us all fourteen tickets to Broadways longest running show ever, Cats"

Over Brittanys excitement, Quinn rolled her eyes at Rachel. "you might want to check the dates on those tickets, Rachel, because cats closed about eleven years ago"

Rachel's cheeks flushed pink and she looked down in embarrassment. "He did seem crazy, he charged my credit card through his butt crack." She explained to which Charlotte grimaced.
***