Chapter 12

"Unbelievable..." Luana whispered, dazzled by what she was seeing.

The landscape before their eyes had completely changed. The huge field has disappeared to give way to a magnificent dense forest with plants of multiple colors, long trees with dark leaves and the singing of many exotic birds.

"Everything has completely changed," she added.

"Yeah. Time also," Lucas remarked.

"Time ?" she asked, confused.

"Yeah. When we walked through the wall, it was barely noon. But now, it looks like night is going to fall soon," he explained, looking up at the sky.

Luana followed his gaze and noticed that the sky was covered with orange and pink clouds. The sun was going to set in a few minutes.

"You're right. I didn't notice."

Leo whimpered softly to get their attention.

"What's the matter, Leo ?" asked the young captain.

The animal responded by tilting its head towards the invisible wall that they have just passed through. Lucas walked over to it and stretched his arm forward.

"What's the matter, Lucas ?" asked the princess.

"The wall... It has completely disappeared..."

"What ?! But... That's impossible !" she exclaimed in surprise.

"Yeah. Look."

Luana walked over to the wall and stretched her arm forward to touch it too, but found nothing.

"How is that possible ?" she whispered.

"I don't know... But maybe that..."

"That ?"

"That here is the entrance of the forest. The wall we went through only brings us from the outside into the inside of Neldor. So, the exit must be on the other side. There must be another wall there, you see ?" he explained.

"Yeah, I understand. What you said is very possible. What should we do now ?"

"For now, let's find a place where we can camp for the night. And tomorrow, we'll go search for Klefasse first. Once we find it, we'll go look for the other wall," he suggested.

"Okay."

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

After walking for a few minutes, night fell. The princess and her bodyguard found a beautiful place near a river. It was well hidden by the bushes and trees that surrounded it which made it hard to find, and they were safe from any danger.

"We're going to camp here. What do you think, Your Highness ?" asked Lucas.

"It's perfect."

They took their bags that were on Leo's back to take out the camping kit.

"What should I do, Lucas ?"

"Don't do anything, Your Highness. I'll take care of everything."

"No way ! We're two in this trip. So we have to help each other," she said with determination.

"But..."

"Please..." she pleaded gently.

Lucas sighed heavily.

"If that makes you happy, Your Highness," he replied, smiling slightly.

"One more thing."

"Yes, Your Highness ?"