Chapter 31

After their mission ended, Lucas and Hector parted ways in the middle of the way back home. The young knight took the one leading the palace while Arminel went to the place where he lived for the moment, awaiting orders from the Grand Master.

After two days, Lucas finally arrived at the capital and went straight ahead to the palace. Arriving there, he ordered the servants to take his horse to the stables while he went to the emperor's office. Arriving at the door of this one, he knocked on it softly.

"Come in !"

Once inside the room, he saw the emperor alone reading some documents that had to do with the finances of the palace. The young man walked towards him and bowed.

"Good morning, Your Majesty," he greeted.

Arthur looked up at him and smiled slightly.

"Good morning, Lucas. Glad to see you back safe and sound. I see that Arminel didn't come back with you," he remarked.

"No, Your Majesty. We parted ways on the way back. He told me he was soon to meet with the other leaders of the order and the Grand Master to give them of our so-called news,” he explained.

"Very well. I understand. So, how was your mission?" he asked, leaning back in his chair.

"We managed to extract the information we wanted from the mercenary we kidnapped."

"What did you discover?"

"Velthur Clanti is preparing an attack on us which will take place in a month."

"An attack?! In a month?! But for what reason and for what purpose?!" he exclaimed in surprise.

"As Captain Arminel said, they seek to eliminate the Imperial Knights."

"These bastards! But why wait for a month?" he wondered.

"Their leader, Velthur Clanti, is studying a magical incarnation to make them invincible... Completely immortal... That's what the mercenary told us... And to do that, he only needs a month..."

"I see... It's really worse than I thought... What does Arminel suggest we do?" asked the emperor, crossing his fingers under his chest and putting his elbows on the surface of the desk.

"He thinks it would be better to prepare well before attacking them. We have to train very well and develop a good strategy. We must leave no flaws that could put us at a disadvantage."

"I agree. How long do you think it will take us to do this?"

"I think a week will be quite enough, Your Majesty."

"Okay. Good. We'll bring the others together to tell them about these news and to plan what we're going to do during this week."

"Understood, Your Majesty."

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

After lunch, everyone was gathered in the great hall. They sat down, as usual, around the table with the emperor who sat at the end.

"If I have gathered you today, my friends, it is to inform you of the news that Sir Koraxos has brought us. We're in a time of war. A war against a very strong and very cunning enemy. An enemy who has several powerful servants. Until now, he is known as the Grand Master. His real identity is still unknown," he began.

"And his purposes too," Angus added.

"Exactly. Sir Koraxos and Captain Arminel have been able to find out some things about the leader of the ghost Mercenaries. In exactly one month, he is planning an attack on us."