t w e l v e

⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅∙∘☽༓☾∘∙•⋅⋅⋅•⋅⋅⊰⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅⋅•⋅

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐓 stood in one of the ballroom of the Palace with Ginny, Percy, the Weasley twins and Selene, a week before the Christmas ball which takes place at Christmas Eve.

"Now, it is very important for you all to know how to run the ballroom" Selene said, standing in front of the Weasleys, Harry, Hermione, and the Black twins.

Ginny wore a plain, black dress that ended above her knees, her ginger hair falling on shoulders. Hermione wore a pink, also plain dress that ended on her thighs, her brown hair tried into half up, half down hairstyle. Celeste wore a plain red dress that also ended on her thighs, her blonde hair into a bun with some strands falling down.

"you all are familiar with the Avarian waltz, I suppose? ─ I know, you two are, Evan" added Selene when Evan and Celeste nodded their head.

Selene announced during last night's dinner that everyone will be taking lessons since they were going to be a part of the Royal Court.

"I've called you all here to practice the Avarian waltz, after all,  it is tradition that-" Selene was interrupted with someone entering the ballroom.

"oh, I'm terribly sorry, have I interrupted anything?" asked one of the lady helpers. Selene smiled, "no no, it's quite alright, what is it you need?" Selene asked kindly.

"the dance instructor has arrived, your majesty" replied the helper. "very well, bring him here" said Selene and the helpers nodded her head and bowing before leaving the ballroom.

"where we're we? Ah yes! It is tradition that when someone is new to the Royal Court, they will be the first to dance, that's you all, excluding Evan and Celeste" Selene explained.

"wait, we are part of the Royal Court?" Hermione said, her eyes widen and smile visible. "yes, Hermione, I wouldn't have invite you to one of the royal balls if you weren't" Selene explained with a smile and Hermione's cheeks tinted pink.

Everyone heard the doors open once again, Selene turned slightly to see that the dance instructor has arrived.

"your majesty" the dance instructor bowed, Selene bowed back before turning back to the kids.

"Everyone, meet Mister Jonathan, he will be your dance instructor" Selene introduced as Mr. Jonathan bowed to the kids. Evan and Celeste bowed immediately while the rest bowed hesitantly.

Unlike Evan and Celeste, who bowed properly and gracefully, The Weasleys, Harry and Hermione bowed rather stiffly, Ron almost tripped and George almost fell when Fred pushed him down to bow.

Once everyone was standing straight again, the Weasleys, Harry and Hermione gave Selene and the dance instructor a shy and embarrassed smile.

Selene smiled to them, "we'll work on that, do not worry, right now, our priority is dancing, Mr. Jonathan" Selene walked at the corner of the ballroom.

"Good morning, as Queen Selene said, I will be your dance instructor" Mr. Jonathan said, "now since there are only three ladies, only three boys will dance for now, then we allow the next three boys" Mr. Jonathan explained.

"the princess with the prince, Sir Ron with Lady Ginerva, and Sir Harry with Lady Hermione" Mr. Jonathan said and they all went to their partners while Fred, George, and Percy to where Selene stood.

Celeste and Evan stood in front of each other, they didn't matter to them if they missed anything Mr. Jonathan said since they have already memorized the Avarian Waltz.