Part 6

"What's with these clothes and jewellery?” almost taken back by the way your room was filled with beautiful and expensive stuffs, you gasps. “His majesty sent all these" Eunbi says while picking out a beautiful dress.

"Are court ladies always treated like this? With these much of facility? I don't remember reading a history book where maids were treated like me" you say while Eunbi was busy fixing the dress.

"Maybe cause his majesty wants to fix everything between you and him" Eunbi says. “Ahh because he almost killed me?” you look at her.

"Miss, please come here" Shin Moonyoung politely calls you to get you changed. “Umm” you nod with a smile and they help you to get ready for the lunch.

_._

"Your majesty" Seokjin looks at Jungkook when he sees you walking toward the hall outside where Jungkook was waiting. “Hmm? She came?” Jungkook then turns at Seokjin.

"Oh wow, did you cook all these?” you gasp while climbing the stairs as you see the table filled with foods. “Except my parents, no one has ever cooked food for me. So thank you" you teasingly scrunch your nose at Jungkook before taking your seat for food.

"Plea-“ “Thank you for the food" you instantly sit down in front of him and take the chopstick but a sword comes first on your throat which takes your breath away.

"Show some respect to his majesty" Seokjin frowns at you, angrily. “Hyungnim” Jungkook calls him and Seokjin slowly turns at him. “Let her" he smiles.

All the flashback crumbles inside your head, the flashback of your mom who got caught while escaping the country.

“Miss?” Jungkook calls you when you stare at the food blankly. “Y-Yeah?” you nervously glance at him and Jungkook frowns by the sudden change of your expression. Both Jungkook and Seokjin looks at each other with a frown.

Then he turns at the senior court lady Shin Moonyoung, who then quickly walks beside you. “Miss, are you okay?” she calls you while you try to calm your rapid heartbeat. “Umm I am okay" you awkwardly smile and grab the bowl of refreshing juice.

"Senior court lady" Jungkook calls her and she instantly grabs your hand, getting herself a small plate. “Why? What are you doing?” you ask her in confusion.

"She's tasting the food if it has poison or not” Jungkook explains. “That’s not needed” you look at Shin Moonyoung and she looks at Jungkook. “Really. It's not needed" you turn at Jungkook. “Okay” Jungkook nods at the court lady and she leaves the plate.

"Leave us alone" Jungkook orders everyone and they bow at him before leaving the hall. “My order was for you too" he turns at Seokjin who was guarding him. “But-" “I have few things to talk about with her" Jungkook smiles and Seokjin nods, giving him a look to be careful.

"Don't worry" Jungkook mouths and points at his seat, where he had hid a sharp knife.

You look between them with clueless look, waiting to eat the food. “Excuse me" Seokjin then bows at both of you and leaves, now it was only you and Jungkook left.

“Please" Jungkook extends his palm, gesturing you to start eating. “Umm thank you for the hard work" you grin at him before starting the food.

"Wait" Jungkook suddenly stops you. “Ahhh why? What again?” you whine while  keeping down the chopstick. “I want to apologize for what happened that night" he bows at you which takes you back for a second.

"I don't know what happened to this woman that night but as I am ruling her body now, you're forgiven" you nod with a pout and Jungkook slowly looks up baffled as it was completely opposite than he expected.

"Then shall we eat?” you giggle at Jungkook while he looks at you with confused look. “Hey are you really believing me? I mean are you trusting me? Me? The king?” he asks you with raised brows. “Am I not supposed to believe you then?” you look at him but Jungkook doesn't speak a word.

"I am hungry, let's eat" you pick a meat and watch him who just took a spoonful of rice. “My mom always did this for me” you smile while keeping the meat on top of the rice for him and then dig on your food.

"Why are you staring at me? Please go ahead and eat" you nod at his food. “Is she planning something?” Jungkook whispers to himself. “Wahhh this tastes really great" you nod while eating.

“Btw, can you tell me something more about this woman? I need to know her" you say. “This woman?” Jungkook asks. “Oh I mean, about myself. Cause you have been taking care of me and ordering around the court ladies to be careful about my health since the day I woke up, I feel like you have known me better” you nod.

"Do you really not remember anything?” Jungkook asks, a doubtful feeling inside his chest. “I don't” you shake your head.