Part 39

Flashback

"Was he in a school act or something?” Jungkook hears faint voices while slowly opening his eyes. “Is he awake?” the grandmas who were surrounding Jungkook look at each other.

"Isn't he good looking" the grandmas gossip to each other with giggles. Groaning in pain, Jungkook sits up slowly while rubbing his eyes. His clothes and hair were wet. The unfamiliar place and cold floor scares him as he had never seen something like this in his whole life.

Currently, he was beside swimming pool. “Hey good looking boy, what were you doing here?” the eldest grandma asks him. “W-Where am I? What is this place called?” worried Jungkook, looks around.

"This is a swimming pool. You were laying lifeless in the pool and the watchman got you out. Wait here he went to bring you some dry clothes” the grandma explains. Jungkook couldn't contemplate what was going on with him. He in fact was clueless and couldn't put anything together.

His frowns never leaving his face, keeps on wandering his eyes around the hall.

"Here" the watchman comes running toward Jungkook and the grandmas. “Be thankful to us. We always come here during weekend. If it hadn't been us then you would have been dead" the eldest grandma informs him.

Present Day

"Appa I'll drop him off” you say while wearing slippers and Jungkook bows at him before wearing his shoes. “Be home soon" your father says which in response you nod gently and mouth to Jungkook to follow you.

Walking down the alley, you hand unknowingly touches Jungkook's. You instantly snap back and giggle awkwardly. “Do you want me to hold your hand?” Jungkook looks at you. “Umm…..S-Sure" you nervously nod and then shyly smile. He then intertwines his fingers with yours and you both smile while looking at each other.

"How were the things there?” you ask him while walking. “Umm….” Jungkook doesn't speak and you start to anticipate that something went wrong.

"Jimin and Jaehyun, I wanted to ask about" you remember they were also with you before you collapsed. You didn't want to hear anything unfortunate again. You still regret because you couldn't save Seokjin. “Everyone's fine don't worry. Jimin, Areum, Jaehyun, Eunbi and Shin Moonyoung” Jungkook smiles to assure you.

"You sure?” you were still doubtful. “Umm" Jungkook nods and stops his pace then holds both of your hand. “Thanks for saving my life" he says in a low voice and kisses your forehead.

 Flashback

Flashback

"Hey good looking boy. Where do you live?” the eldest grandma asks as they take Jungkook at a restaurant to eat. “Me? I don't know” Jungkook shakes his head and looks down. “Should we take him to the police station?” the 5 group of grandma discuss with each other and the youngest who was less talkative raises her hand.

"If you don't mind then, can I take him to my home tonight?” she asks and looks at the rest nervously. “Aigoo, is it because of your grandson?” they sigh.

"My grandson misses his big brother. Maybe, maybe if I take him then Wooyoung might get happy” she looks at Jungkook with hopeful eyes.

_._

"Wooyoung-ah, look who is here?” Mrs. Han, the grandma happily opens the door of their house. They lived at the basement of an old abandoned building. “Hyung?” the kid who was just 9, runs toward the front door while smiling, but his smile instantly drops when he sees Jungkook.

"Who are you?” he politely asks with the sudden gloomy face and Jungkook looks at the grandma. “Your new big brother” “I thought you would bring hyung" the kid glares at the grandma and runs to the room.

"Wooyoung-ah, Wooyoung-ah" she calls him. “Sorry for his rudeness. He has been like this since his brother left the house" she apologizes to Jungkook and he points at the bag of food that she brought for Wooyoung.

Jungkook then quietly walls inside the room and sits down beside the bed where the kid was laying down, covering himself with the blanket. “Wooyoung right?”

The kid doesn't care about his presence.

"Your grandma bought you your favorite food. Aren't you going to eat them?” Jungkook asks and Wooyoung slowly pulls his hand out from the blanket.

"But first you have to be my friend" Jungkook says.