Part 20

"Aren't you going to sleep?” you look at Jimin after you get in the bed. “There's just one bed" he sighs while cleaning his gat (a korean traditional hat worn by men along with hanbok). “We can share it though" you say. “Forget about it" he rests his body on the wall and covers his face with gat.

As you give up to convince him, you too plop on the bed and pull up the warm sheet

As you give up to convince him, you too plop on the bed and pull up the warm sheet. 20 minutes of tossing and turning on the bed, you still were not able to sleep. “Jimin-ssi, are you asleep?” you check on him.

"Why?” he answers you with a raspy voice, seems like he was about to fall asleep. “I’m sorry for that day. I shouldn't have acted like that" you apologize for the fight that occurred between you and Jimin.

"No, I was at the fault" Jimin speaks with eyes closed. “Do you like her?” “Her?” “That girl whom you wanted to give the hairpin” you say. “Areum-ie?” Jimin says and a silence fills the room. “It doesn't matter, she's getting married" he adds and a sharp pain lands on your heart. By an image of Jungkook holding someone else into his arm gives you pain.

"Sleep already, you have to prepare for a long journey” Jimin sighs and you turn at him. Jimin was already tired so he quickly falls asleep while you stare at him for a while. Looking at his shivering body, you sit up and cover him with the warm sheet you were using. While you cover yourself with Jang ot and go to sleep.
[Jang ot is an outerwear worn by women of the Joseon dynasty period as a veil to cover their faces]

Next Morning

Jimin's eyes flutter opens along with the chirping sound of birds outside the cottage. He then looks around and finds you still asleep in a messy position. A chuckle escapes from his mouth as he finds you funny, and then he realizes that he was wrapped in a warm sheet.

Shocked, he frowns at your sight.

"Are you really Hyuna?” he whispers and then a knock was heard on the door. Jimin hurriedly puts the sheet over your body and checks the room.

"Did you have a good sleep?” Jimin was welcomed by the old man who was holding a tray, beside him an old woman. “Yeah” Jimin nervously smiles and then his gaze falls on the plates they were holding on.

"My wife prepared breakfast for you" the old man smiles. “Happy married life" his wife laughs and then Jimin lets them inside the cottage. “Sorry, my wife is still sleeping" Jimin shyly rubs the back of his neck. “It's okay. You guys remind me of our young age" the old man laughs.

"Please enjoy it" he nods at Jimin and leaves.

"Thank you for the food" Jimin bows at them and closes the door.

"Hyuna-ssi" Jimin now calls you but you were still in a deep sleep. He then walks to your side and shurgs your shoulder. “Why?” with raspy voice you whine. “It’s morning already, wake up" Jimin says and you slowly open your eyes.

With eyes half opened, you sit up.

_._

"Thank you for everything” Jimin bows the old man and his wife, so do you. “Have a safe journey” they smile, then you and Jimin leave.

"It's okay I can go myself" after you reach the dense forest you look up at Jimin. “I’ll be-“ “You must go back to palace, everyone must be worried" you protest. “It’s really dangerous. No one dares to cross this forest alone" Jimin warns you.

"I'll be fine just go" you insist and after a while Jimin gives up. “Okay as you say" he hisses and turns on his heels to leave. You wait for him to go further away and then sigh when he finally disappeared in a dot.

"Let's go you have to find a clue” you heave a long breath and walk to your journey.

Already making it in the middle of the forest, you then start to hear ruffle sounds

Already making it in the middle of the forest, you then start to hear ruffle sounds. You instantly turn around but see no one. You soon start to get creepy vibes because of the surrounding. Brushing all the creepy and negative thoughts aside, you decide to continue your journey.

As you took a step, the trees starts to shiver and the birds start to cry in fear as they fled from their nest. And then you hear the sound of swords.
-You quickly turn back to see what was going on. Your eyes enlarges in shock when you see the six men who were dressed in guard's uniform pointing their sword at Jimin's throat.

“Jimin-ssi" you gasp but you were quiet surprised because the guard did nothing to you.

"Your highness, he was following you” one of the guard states while glaring at Jimin with agony.

“Y-Your highness?”

"If you want then I can slay him" the guard shouts and proceeds further but you quickly react and yell, “Stop” . “Yeah your highness" they say in unison and pull down their weapon. Jimin was immensely shocked and terrified for a while when the guard pointed at him, more than that he was shocked about how the men listened to you.

"Your highness, we were waiting for you” one of the guard gets emotional and quickly bows at you. “Yeah” the other guards following him.

"Oh? Y-Yeah" you nervously nod with an awkward chuckle. “We will guide you please follow us" they look up at you and soon move forward. You nod in confusion, your heart felt they were good people.