Part 19

You groan in pain, a piercing pain on your back.

“Did I come back?”

You abruptly sit up with wide eyes, forgetting that you were wounded. “Agassi” the court lady who was in charge of your health looks at you in shock. “Y-Your majesty" she quickly runs out from your room and you pat your shoulder.

"Y/N" after a while, the door opens with Jungkook and Seokjin. Jungkook seems to be relieved after looking at you. “Hyungnim call the physician” Jungkook quickly orders Seokjin and he nods.

"Are you okay?” Jungkook hurriedly walks to your side and asks you. “Umm” you nod. “How did it go? Any clue?” he asks and you look at him. “I need to find her hometown”

A week later

"Hyuna" a loud shout approaches your room while you were packing your stuffs. It was Eunbi and Shin Moonyoung. “What happened? Are you okay?” they rush to your side and scan you.

"Of course I am" you laugh as you look at them. “Where are you going?” Eunbi whines when she sees your packed stuff.

"I am going to my village" you smile. “I'll go with you too" “No thanks" 

"But Hyuna-ya” she insists. “You have to take care of her highness" you pat her shoulder. “You're right-" “No more debate” you playfully hiss at her.

"You're leaving?” Jungkook walks beside you while you were about to leave the palace

"You're leaving?” Jungkook walks beside you while you were about to leave the palace. “Oh hey" your face brightens up when you him. He then extends his fist toward you, him not looking at you and his eyes wandering around. “What's this?” you look up at him.

"Ring" his voice comes in a whisper. “What? I can't hear you" you get closer to him and Jungkook gets flustered.

“Ring I said" he quickly steps back and grabs your wrist, keeping the jade ring on your palm. “Woahh is this a jade? Like a pure one?” you look at the ring in disbelief.

"You have a lot of money" you gasp while admiring the ring, meanwhile Jungkook's face starts to get red. “Anw take care, bye" he nervously speaks and hurries toward his chamber. “Umm thank you" you shout at his back.

_

_._

After crossing the capital, you were welcomed by dense forest. It was already noon and fear inside you creeped out when lots of negative thought build in your head. You had heard from Eunbi that it was dangerous for a woman to wander around the forest.

"Why am I remembering these things now?” you whine in fear and slowly proceed toward the dense forest, but a ruffle sound distracts you. “Who is there?” you quickly look around and take a wood from the ground, careful with your steps.

"Hey-" your body instantly alarms you and you turn around, swinging the dry wood at the unknown figure. “Pervert, Pervert" you shout while hitting him with eyes closed and the man whines in pain when he finally gets a grip on your hand.

"Yahh" he then shouts at you and you slowly open your eyes. “Oh no, Jimin-ssi" you widen your eyes, his face covered with minor brushes. “Ahh" he glares at you while tapping his wound.

"Omg I'm so sorry" you apologetically bow down. “Forget about it. Why are you here? It's almost night" Jimin looks at you. “I am heading to my village” “At this hour?” he exclaims. “Why? What's wrong?” you nod at him.

"What if you will get in danger?” Jimin was genuinely worried. “I have a black belt in taekwondo” you proudly announces and Jimin frowns. “Taekwondo?” he asks in confusion.

"Ahh this is Joseon dynasty” you remind yourself. “Whatever it is, you shouldn't cross this forest at night. Let's stay in the capital tonight and we will proceed to your destination tomorrow” Jimin tries to convince you.

You decide to go with his words as the sun was setting down and the weather was getting cold. “Okay” you nod and Jimin was immensely surprised as you agreed so soon.

"A-Ahh okay" he nods, awkwardly. “But where are we going? We are really far away from the palace" you say. “We might find shelter nearby" Jimin turns on his heels and walks forward, you following him.

After walking for 15 minutes more, Jimin and you see a small cottage. “We found it I guess” Jimin heaves a sigh in relief and follows the light that came from the cottage. There he sees an old man working outside the cottage.

"Excuse me" Jimin politely approaches him and the old man looks up. “What do you have to do with me?” the old man slowly stands up from the place he was sitting.

He then looks at you. His gaze felt uncomfortable so you hide behind Jimin and tuck on his back. “We are searching for shelter for one night" Jimin explains but the old man was still doubtful so he frowns.

"Don't think any negative we are newly married couples. My wife and I were off to her hometown but since it's too late we are searching for shelter. There, we have to cross that forest to reach her village" Jimin then points to the dense forest.

You widen your eyes when Jimin mentioned you as his wife. “I will pay you a lot" Jimin was about to take out money but the old man stops him.

"I don't need money. Actually this cottage was made for people who could rest” he explains and refuses to take the money.

"I'll arrange the interior. Please wait a little longer" he then heads inside the cottage.