Part 22

“That year, our city was going through crisis. People were dying because of starvation. Cause your father couldn't see the misery of the city, he asked help from nearby cities but no one helped us because they feared the capital" she explains.

"Capital? But why?” you ask.

"Long long time ago, the capital and our city used to get along really well. Both of the cities used to be given equal respect and the bond was unbreakable, but one day because of some unknown misunderstanding a fight broke between the two cities. Then the fight soon turned into a war. It lasted for years, sadly we lost the war” she heaves a long breath.

"The king declared that whoever helped us, it would mean they were against the capital” she adds. “If our people stepped on the capital then they would be killed, and if their people stepped on our city then they would be killed. This passed from generation to generation. Your father never liked it and wanted to resolve it” she explains, you and Jimin carefully listening to the story.

"Cause the people were dying of starvation, your father decided to go to the capital himself and ask for help as well as wanted to apologize for what happened in past. I didn't get a good feeling about it but he insisted” her eyes starts to tear up in every words.

"We did get supplies and were waiting for your father to return home" she gulps. “And?” you frown, curious about what had happened next. “Instead we got his dead body and a letter" she sniffs.

"What was written in it?” you dared to ask.

"That they will never forget the lives they had lost, and it was written by the king himself” she breaks down into tears while Jimin's brows knits together, suspicious.

"No, his majesty would never do that" Jimin shakes his head aggressively and you turn at him. “His stamp was in it" the queen mother says between her sobs. “You must have mistaken he is not that type of person" Jimin tries to convince her.

"You're saying it cause you're too from the capital” then she looks at Jimin with agony. “Your royal highness, please believe me. His majesty can never hurt people” Jimin quickly bows at her and says.

"Hyuna-ya, don't forget the day when you promised you would take revenge for your father's death. You laid your hand on my head and said it. They have to taste their own medicine” she then turns at you who was bewildered right now.

You didn't know what to believe and what not to. Jungkook's image kept crossing your mind.

"Your royal highness, please believe me. I have spent my whole childhood with his majesty” Jimin was desperately trying to make her believe.

_._

You thought you would finally find a solution after finding Hyuna's hometown, but things has now more got complicated. You were currently fighting with your feelings, whether to help Hyuna or not.

“Hyuna-ssi" Jimin calls you while you were inside the palanquin. You finally realize that you had already crossed the forest. “Oh?” you look up and see Jimin waiting for you, then walk off from the palanquin.

"Then we will get going" the guards bow at you and Jimin.

You take a deep breath while watching them leave. “Shall we?” Jimin then turns at you and you melancholy nod.

Jimin had a lot of confusion and questions because of Jungkook. “Hyuna-ssi may I ask you something?” he looks at you.

“Is it about my real identity? Or why I let you listen to the conversation between me and that woman if I was an enemy?” you sigh and Jimin stays silent.

"You at least have to know that I don't belong to this place and that my real name is not Hyuna. Until I am here I won't do anything to Jungkook, I mean his majesty. But is it true that you are his friend? But you guys seem not to get along well" you now look at Jimin.

"I always had a doubt about why he pushed me away, I think now I have finally found it" he replies. “My head hurts a lot” you cradle your head with your palm.

"Why? Is it again like before" he panics and checks on you. “I am fine. My head hurts because of this whole messy situation" you chuckle. “Why? Were you worried?” you then tease him. "I was afraid if I had to carry you all the way to palace myself" he hisses. “Yahh I am not that heavy okay" you glare at him.