Part 34

Present Day

"Why don't you stay for few weeks more?” Jungkook looks at Areum in worry, while her caretakers pack her stuffs. “It's okay” Areum faintly smiles at Jungkook.

"I already left this palace way back” she adds.

"It's for your safety” Jungkook frowns. “I appreciate your concern” she bows and walks toward the door. “If you let me then I can accompany her" Jimin quickly steps in and Jungkook gives him suspicion yet teasing looks.

Jimin gets baffled as he ignores Jungkook's gaze. “It's okay-" “Sure" Areum's words gets cut off by Jungkook.

“Make sure her highness and the ladies reach home safe" then he nods to the royal guards.

Few hours later

"His majesty” two wounded royal guards run to Jungkook's study room, almost bursting into tears because of the pain. “What's wrong?” Jungkook abruptly stands up while Jaehyun looks at the wounded guards.

They instantly rush toward them. “Her highness was attacked. She is bleeding heavily from her head. Master Jimin is also injured and told us to inform you" they look down apologetically while crying.

"By who?” Jungkook frowns. “By who?” he repeats himself in loud voice when he gets silence in answer.

“Q-Queen Mother"

Taking his swords, Jungkook angrily storms out from his chamber toward Queen Mother's palace.

"His majesty please calm down" Jaehyun runs after him trying to catch his pace. “His majesty" Jaehyun rushes.

_._

As the door abruptly opens, the caretakers get startled and looks at Jungkook whose eyes were filled with anger. But the queen mother seemed not so surprised by his presence.

"What brings you here?” she pats her red lips on the paper and turns at Jungkook.

"Jungkook then briskly walks and aims the sword at her neck.

"His majesty" Jaehyun and the caretakers shout worriedly while Jungkook stops midway. Then soon after the queen mother starts to laugh maniacally.

"Go on. Kill me" she grabs the grip of Jungkook's hand on the sword and moves it to her neck.

"How low can you get?” Jungkook's lips were trembling as his eyes starts to fill with tears.

"You can never kill me. I am your mother" she scoffs. “You know it well" Jungkook smirks while glaring at the queen mother.

Backing off, he takes down the swords and walks backward toward the door, deciding to leave. “Coward” Queen Mother rolls her eyes when Jungkook was about to leave.

He wasn't triggered by her words. He just hated her attitude.

"You wanted the throne right?” Jungkook turns around and says. “I saw it all Eomeonim. That night when you poisoned my father. All you did was act and left him to die" Jungkook adds, his eyes bawling.

Jaehyun and the caretakers, including Queen mother opens their eyes wide.

"I resign. Me, Jeon Jungkook, the king, declares to step down from the throne” Jungkook announces and throws the sword, walks out from the room.

"Yahh Jungkook-ah. JEON JUNGKOOK” Queen Mother shouts at his back.