Chapter Five

"That was easy," says Peter.

"Yeah, it really was," I say in surprise.

Both of us stand up and climb down the ladder, leaving the treehouse. We walk in a comfortable silence back to the compound, until I can't stand not knowing anything about him any longer.

"So, tell me about yourself."

"What do you want to know?"

"Hmm, how did you get your powers?"

"Radioactive spider," he answers. "It bit me."

"That's, maybe, the coolest thing I've ever heard." I watch him as he laughs and find myself smiling. "What are your powers, exactly?"

"Heightened senses, super strength, and I can climb up walls." He ticks them off on his fingers.

"Like a spider." We both say in unison, laughing afterwards.

"Oh, and I have this, like, sixth sense that allows me to sense threats."

I go to hit him in the back of his head but he turns are grabs my hand before I can.

"I guess you really do," I say, impressed.

"You see, that wasn't my sixth sense. I knew you were going to do that. You weren't threatening me." He grins.

"Oh, and you're so sure about that?"

"Yes."

"Come train with me and I'll show you."

"Challenge accepted."

"I'm gonna win." I smirk.

"We'll just have to see about that." He raises an eyebrow playfully.

We both start racing towards the compound at the same time. When we run inside, giggling, Tony sees us.

"Hey, kids," he says warily, looking back and forth between the two of us.

Peter and I quickly drop our smiles.

"Hey, Dad. We're just going to the training room," I say, out of breath.

"Okay... have fun."

"We will, thanks, Dad."

"Thank you, Mr. Stark."

"Not too much fun!" He yells as we begin running down the halls.

When we get there, Peter slips off his jeans and sweatshirt, revealing his Spider-Man suit underneath. I remember helping Tony with the design but I never got to see it once it was complete. It's so cool and it looks amazing on him.

"Do you want me to go easy?" he asks as we walk closer to one another.

I drop to the ground and swing my leg under his, causing him to fall backwards and land on his back.

"Okay, then," he groans.

He jumps up and shoots a web to the ceiling, swinging towards me to kick me down. I roll out of the way and watch as he falls on the ground.

"Is that all you got?" I smirk.

I levitate myself and move towards him in the air, creating a ball of energy between my hands. As I separate my hands more, it grows bigger. When I have it how I want it, I throw it at him. He jumps to the side, rolling into his classic Spider-Man stance.

"I think you missed," he says, and I can hear the smirk in his voice.

I throw a few more at him and he continues to dodge each of them. At the same time he has been getting closer, swinging towards me. When he reaches me, he lets go of the web and lands on me. I don't have time to react before he holds each of my wrists down on on the ground on each side of my head.

"What are you going to do now?" he asks.

As much as I would not like to admit it, I get butterflies and I feel myself blushing. I quickly bring my thoughts away from him on top of me and instead think about how to get out of this. He is too strong for me, but luckily he is positioned perfectly above me for me to do a self defense move Nat taught me. I thrust my hips and slide my arms down to my sides at the same time, causing him to go forward. I switch positions with him and flip him over, straddling him.

"Don't look so surprised, Parker."

He stares at me, the eyes on his mask wide. "Oh, you're getting it now!"

He quickly jumps up, and not expecting it, I fall backwards. As I stand up he shoots a web at my wrist, sticking my hand to the wall. I reach to take it off with my other hand and he shoots another web on that one. I struggle, trying to free myself, but the webs are far too strong.

"You wanna play like that?" I challenge.

I open my hand and my dark magic travels across the room, surrounding a knife on the knife rack. It raises up out of its slot and then shoots across the room, towards my hand, barely missing Peter.

"Holy-" he says, before ducking.

It lands in my open hand and I use it to cut the webs from my wrist. When I am free, I use my powers to slam Peter against the wall. He quickly gets up and jumps to the ceiling, crawling on it upside down. He shoots a web around my ankles and I stand still, unable to move.

"What are you gonna-" I stop talking and yelp as Peter attaches the web to the ceiling pulls it.

My feet are pulled out from under me and I hang upside down, swinging from side to side. He jumps to the ground and takes his mask off as he bursts into laughter.

"Ha ha, real funny." I try to sound unamused.

I can't help but join in with his laughter. When he stops laughing, he walks to me and grabs my shoulders to slow my swinging.

"Smart move," I compliment.

"Looks like I won." A smirk grows on his face as removes the web and I use my powers to flip myself right side up, before falling to the ground with dizziness.

"Looks like it," I groan.

"Dizzy?" He catches me as I stumble back.

"Very." Without warning, I use my powers to push him to the ground with my powers while hovering in the air and leaning over him.

"I guess I deserve that."

I laugh and then lean away and help him up. My bracelet beeps and I press the button to see what F.R.I.D.A.Y has to say.

"I am transferring you to your father, Miss Stark."

Me and Peter look at each other, eyes wide. "No, no, no, you don't have to-"

My bracelet beeps again and my dads face appears as a hologram in front of me. "Hey, kids, what are you doing?"

"We just finished training."

"Looks like Peter won, great job, kid."

"Uh, thanks, Mr. Stark?" Peter says in confusion.

"How did you know Peter won?" I ask and Tony remains silent. "Oh, my God, not again."

"Wait, what are you talking about?" asks Peter.

"He was-" I start.

"I was minding my own business," Tony cuts me off.

"Yeah, if watching us on the cameras means minding your own business," I mumble.

"Okay, G, show Mr. Parker around the compound," he says, changing the subject.

"Will do," I sigh as he then ends the call.

"Mr. Stark is no longer connected," says F.R.I.D.A.Y.

"Thanks, Friday." I press the button on my bracelet and the hologram goes away. "So, do you want me to show you around?"

"Yeah, that would be awesome." Peter smiles.