Chapter Twenty-One

"Miss Stark, wake up," says F.R.I.D.A.Y.

"But I don't have anything to do today," I groan, pulling the covers over my head so I can't see the light shining in through my window.

"You are scheduled to train with Miss Maximoff, your essay for History is due, you have a Spanish quiz, and you have to meet Peter Parker at Delmars at 3:00."

"Wait, how do you know about that?"

"I am the one that directed the phone call to you."

"Oh, right."

"And Miss Rominoff told everyone."

"What?!"

"What's the problem? You never told her not to."

I groan and get out of bed, walking to my mirror. I look tired and my naturally wavy hair is a mess.

"You cannot go to the date looking like that," F.R.I.D.A.Y says.

"It's not a date."

"Whatever you say, Miss Stark."

I take a shower to wake me up and wash and blow dry my hair to straighten it. I do the rest of my usual morning routine and then get dressed in yoga pants and a sweatshirt. I walk to the kitchen and see that everyone is hanging around, talking. They all turn to look at me when I walk to the fridge.

"Good morning, Little Witch," Bucky says.

"Hey, Gracee." Sam takes a sip of his coffee to hide his smirk.

"Little Stark." Vision nods in greeting.

"Hey, Witchy." Pietro doesn't even attempt to hide his smirk.

"Good morning, gorgeous." Wanda smiles.

"Hey, kid," my dad says.

"Hey... what's going on?" I ask warily.

"If you can't tell, I told them everything," Nat confesses.

"I think that's obvious." Bruce chuckles.

"Oh, I can definitely tell." I say. "Also, Friday told me."

"That little snitch," Nat mutters.

"What is the phrase again? I believe it is 'Snitches end up in ditches,'" says Vision.

"There's a more American version," Tony says.

"Yeah, 'Snitches get stitches,'" finishes Rhodey.

"I prefer that one," says Steve.

"So, what do you and Peter have planned?" asks Clint.

"I told you that they don't know yet. Do you listen to anything I say?" Nat elbows him.

"Of course not." Clint smiles at Nat, before looking back at me. "A little piece of advice. Just let yourself have fun and don't overanalyze everything like you usually do. My first date with Laura was so akward at first that I wanted to climb in the vents and hide, but it was worth it when we kissed at the end. Not saying that kissing is okay. Don't kiss on the first date."

He looks scared, and I don't realize why until I look at my dad, who is glaring at him. I laugh and sit down on the couch between Nat and Clint.