Chapter Twenty-Five

"Ned, the guy with the wings is Liz's dad!" yells Peter.

"What?"

"I know. I gotta tell Mr. Stark. Call Happy Hogan. He's Mr. Stark's head of security."

"And please get a computer to track my phone for me," I say.

"Are you all gonna be okay?" asks Ned.

"Hurry, we gotta catch him before he leaves town," Peter says, ignoring Ned.

"We'll be okay, Ned," I say, even though I know it's a lie.

We run away from Ned and I do the spell to hide my identity. Peter runs and I fly just above the ground, not wanting to run in heels. We see Flash with his date in his car, and Peter jumps on top of it.

"Flash, I need your car," he says, in a deeper voice.

"Sir, technically, this is my dads car, sir, so I can't-"

"Flash, it's an emergency. I'm sorry, but we really need your car," I interject.

"Okay, uh, yes, ma'am."

He gets out of the car and hands Peter his keys. I get in the passengers seat and Peter gets in the diver seat, flooring it. He watches the road and throws me his phone, so I can put in Ned's number.

"Hey, Ned! This is Gracee. Can you hear me?"

"Go for Ned," he responds.

"Ned, we need you to track my phone."

"Yeah, but where is it?"

"It's in his car."

"Genius move. Okay, he just passed the GameStop on Jackson Avenue."

"Hey, where are the headlights on this thing?" asks Peter. "I'm in Flash's car."

"You stole Flash's car? Awesome."

"Yeah, it's awesome. It's-"

"Peter, watch out!" I yell as we get closer to people on the street.

"Get out of the way, get out of the way! Move!" Peter swerves the car, causing it to flip on it's side against a lamp post, before falling back onto the road.

"Wow," I whisper.

"Are you all okay?" asks Ned.

"Yeah, we're good," I say unconvincingly.

"I've never driven before. Only with May in parking lots. This is a huge step up," Peter says.

"You could've let me drive! I've flown a jet before," I say.

"Did it have an automatic pilot?" asks Peter.

"No..." I lie, and Peter looks at me skeptically. "I was five and bored on the way to Japan for one of my dad's business trips. Give me a break."

Peter chuckles, and my face falls at the memory of what he said to me at the school. If something does happen to us tonight, I don't want to end it like this.