Chapter Six

I show Peter around the compound because he had only ever been in the training room before now. We walk through the press room, offices, the lab, workshops, living rooms, kitchens, dining rooms, and the bar. We ran into a few other avengers along the way and Peter was completely in awe. We are now walking to the main living room and Wanda and Vision are sitting on the couch, watching Sitcoms.

"Oh, hey, guys," I say, and they both turn around, smiling.

"Hello, Young Stark," says Vision.

"Hey, Grace!" Wanda smiles warmly.

"So, this is Peter. You all already met him in Germany but I can imagine you never really got to talk much because of all the... fighting." I awkwardly laugh, feeling my face heat up because I know that Wanda is secretly planning our wedding right now. "Anyways, I'm just supposed to be showing him around the compound right now. We have a lot more to see so I'll see you all later. Love you, bye!"

I quickly turn around and start walking out but Vision's voice stops me. "Actually, I wouldn't mind talking a little bit. I presume the boy has some questions he would like to ask."

I stop, closing my eyes exhaling deeply, before turning around with a smile forced on my face. "Great!"

Peter beams as Vision gets up and walks to him. They quickly begin talking while I sit on the couch next to Wanda. She stays silent, knowing that I wouldn't answer any questions she wants to ask me while in front of Peter.

I look at the TV and try to listen to what Peter and Vision are talking about, but I become bored with their topic of Ultron and actually begin to watch the TV. I have watched Sitcoms with Wanda plenty of times. Most weekends we stay up really late watching them. I try to focus on it but out of the corner of my eye I see Wanda glancing from me to Peter with a huge smirk on her face. Eventually, she stops and looks back to the TV.

Gracee, can you hear me?

I jump up and look around frantically. I just heard Wandas voice loud and clear... inside my head. This can't be possible. I have to be hearing things. Maybe I imagined it? I shake my head, sit back down, and look back to the TV.

Gracee, is it working? Can you hear me?

I jump again and stare at Wanda wide eyed. She smiles as if nothing is happening.

So, it is working. Listen to me, I know this seems crazy, but you have to act normal.

How am I supposed act normal?!

Wow. You picked up on that fast.

Wait... you can hear me right now?

Yes. Now, stop staring at me like you just saw a ghost. Sit back down and look at the TV.

I look at Vision and Peter to make sure that they didn't notice, and sure enough they are still deep in conversation. I sit back down, doing as she says.

Wanda, how is this even possible?

We're speaking telepathically.

So, is it just you I can do this with?

Not exactly.

What do you mean?

We can talk about this later, but right now you need to go back to showing Peter around the compound.

But-

Pretend this never happened.

I follow her instructions and stand up, walking back to Peter. "Hey, guys, sorry to interrupt, but we should get going."

"Yeah, Vis, it's your favorite part," Wanda says, talking about the sitcom.

"I apologize on my behalf, but I must go," says Vision.

"Yeah, totally. I understand." Peter smiles.

"Okay, then." I straighten myself, trying to act normal. "Bye, Vis, bye, Wands."

"Bye, guys. Have fun," says Wanda.

"Enjoy yourselves," Vision adds.

"We will!" I grab Peters hand and pull him out of the room.

I end up showing Peter a few more rooms, until finally we end up in my room.

"Woah," he says.

He looks around at everything, smiling while doing so. My room is always clean and organized because I can't stand to have it any other way. I may have a lot of stuff, but everything has a place.

Being Tony Starks daughter means a lot of traveling. On our different trips, Pepper was always my babysitter, but as I've gotten older she is mainly just there to watch over me. We always go shopping and I buy at least one thing from each place I go. After just recently having to move from the Avengers tower to the compound, there was some stuff I had to give away.

My room is painted a light blue and going across the whole wall opposite of the door there is a bay window. Up against the same wall is my bed, that has all white bedding and some throw pillows to add color. The headboard is distressed white wood, just like my desk and bookshelf. I love where my bed is because I can get onto the ledge in my bay window easier from my bed.

Above my bed is a tapestry that I got from a different country and beside my bed is my desk that also doubles as a vanity. On it I have a projector that projects the galaxy onto my ceiling, a lamp, and some desk organizers with makeup that I don't really use, skincare, and pencils. Above my desk is a mirror so I can get ready there.

On the wall with my door is a bookshelf that takes up most of the wall. There are tons of books on it, along with small potted plants and crystals to add decoration. On the wall my bathroom door is on there is a stone fireplace that goes from the ground to the ceiling with a TV attached to it and a mantle with pictures of me and my family on it. In the corner by my window is a white hanging chair, with lots of hanging plants and some of my artwork hanging on the wall behind it.

Lastly, I have LED lights around my walls on the ceiling. Everything in my room is controlled by F.R.I.D.A.Y. So, if I tell her to change the LED light color, she can. I can also tell her to blast music through my speaker, something I do often and get yelled at for every time.

"Your room is awesome."

"Thank you." I smile. "Do you wanna know what one of my favorite things to do in here is?"

"What is it?"

"Friday."

"Yes, Miss Stark?"

"Drop my needle."

I programmed it so that every time I say that she blasts "Back in Black" by AC/DC. When my dad would play his music he would always tell J.A.R.V.I.S to drop the needle on his record player. I got so used to saying it as a kid that it just stuck.

"Back in Black" starts blasting on the speakers and I lip sync it, holding my brush and using it as a microphone. Peter laughs and pretends to be playing drums to the beat.

"I can't believe you love Led Zeppelin too!" He yells over the music.

I laugh, knowing that this is AC/DC, but I don't say anything. Suddenly, Peter's phone starts ringing, so he takes it out of his pocket.

"It's my friend Ned. I gotta take this."