Chapter Seven

Peter goes into the bathroom and closes the door behind him.

"Friday, please stop the music."

The music stops so now Peter can hear his friend over the phone (and I can listen to their conversation). I know I shouldn't, but I can't help but be nosy.

"Hey, Ned."

"Peter! Dude, where are you?! I've been calling all day!"

"Look, man, I'm at the Avengers compound right now and don't freak out, but I've been training with Tony Starks daughter."

"What?!"

"Yeah, but Ned, don't-"

"First I find out your Spider-Man and then this?! Dude, I didn't even know he had a daughter!"

"Yeah, no one does. It's supposed to be a secret, so don't-"

"This is awesome! Tell me everything. What does she look like? Does she have a nice voice? What does she smell like? Wait, no, that's weird."

"Ned-"

"Is she an Avenger?"

"Ned!" Peter yells and then opens my door, looking at me apologetically. "S- sorry."

"You're good." I smile.

He smiles and then closes the door back. I lean back against the wall and try to look casual as I eavesdrop.

"Was that her?" I hear Ned ask. "She sounded cute, is she cute?"

"Uh, I mean, yeah. She's really, really pretty," he says nervously.

"How old is she?"

"She's our age."

"This is perfect! You two can fall in love and be superhero's together!"

"Ned, stop!"

"Peter, you can't just ignore destiny."

"What are you talking about?!"

"This is obviously a sign. You just met Tony Stark daughter, who is cute and just so happens to be our age. Just imagine being an awesome superhero couple! Wait, she is an Avenger right?"

"No, I mean, I don't think so. She does have really cool powers, though."

"What's her name?"

"Ned, please stop it with the questions!"

"Peter, this is very important. What's her name?"

"Gracee... Gracee Stark."

"Wow. I can't believe this, this is crazy! Wait, you have to ask her to go to Liz's party tonight!"

"But what if she says no?"

"She won't. You got this, man."

"Okay. I got this. Thanks, Ned."

"No problem, dude. See ya later."

"Yeah, see ya."

The door starts opening so I quickly grab my phone, pretending to be on it.

"Oh, hey." I try my best to pretend I didn't hear everything.

"Hey," Peter says nervously, scratching behind his ear again.

He takes a deep breath and then comes to sit by me on my bay window. I cross my legs and turn to face him, hoping that he's going to take Ned's advice.

"Look, I know we just met and everything, and it's totally fine if you say no, but... Okay, I'm just gonna ask you. My friend Liz is having a party tonight at her house and I was just wondering if you wanted to go... with me?"