Chapter 10

*DOUBLE UPDATE*

I'm feeling generous so I did what I had to do.

Make sure to read chapter 9
————

Sean's Pov

Why didn't I get a warning?

Why did no one think to tell me?

I feel like I've been robbed of prime information.

When was someone going to tell me that having a friend takes away so much peace. So much energy. Exhaustion can't even describe how I feel and I've only had a friend for a couple of hours.

I had thought I wouldn't see Jess till the end of the day when she dragged me to her house for 'bonding'. All in all I was planning on ditching her but she caught me before I could even conjure up a plan.

After I had seen Samuel and that girl I was just going to go to class and ignore it. But once I stepped into the building my phone started ringing.

"Hello" I say, answering the phone without seeing the caller ID.

"Sup cunt" Someone says from the other line. I take my phone from my ear to read the caller Id. Really Weird Girl.

I exhale deeply before putting the phone back to my ear. "What do you want?" I ask, I literally just saw her.

"Where are you?"

"About to head to last period, you should know we have the same class" I reply in a duh tone.

"Just making sure you're not trying to ditch me" Jess reply's calmly, almost like she sensed my true intentions.

"Goodbye."

"Bye Seanie" Jess cheered from the other end. Before I could protest about that nickname the other line clicked.

Well there goes ditching her.

I trudge to the last class of the day to find Jess waiting by some lockers nearby. "Did you think we were actually going to class?" Jess asks from her spot by the lockers. 

I look at her tiredly before shrugging my shoulders. "Follow me, bonding begins early" Jess said with so much enthusiasm, too much enthusiasm.

I followed Jess until we ended up back outside in some hidden place behind the school. I curiously looked around wondering how the hell we got out here. Since when did the school have an exit so far out. There was grass for miles and miles with no end to it.

"Ah don't look like that I don't plan to kill you" Jess speaks up, sensing my curiosity "Well at least not yet."

I glare at her which makes her laugh before saying she was just kidding. I watch as she walks towards a tree before sitting down a little far out. She then patted the space next to where she was sitting.

I don't even try to resist before my feet take me next to her. "I'm gonna have grass on my ass" I mumble, sitting down beside Jess, her immediately resting her head on my shoulder. I stiff from the sudden contact before relaxing under her big head. I didn't know that this was considered bonding but I didn't object.

"That rhymed" She laughed, before silence cascaded around us.

It wasn't uncomfortable or tainting, and nobody spoke a peep which for some reason was good enough. A comfortable silence that was something I didn't know I needed.

At first when Jess told me that she wanted us to get to know each other I thought she would bombard me with questions about myself, my life, and who knows what. But she did none of that matter. All she did was sit and enjoy the silence the same as me. Maybe I would look forward to having her as a friend.