Chapter 13

This chapter is going to be a little bit longer then usual.

The povs will switch towards the end so don't miss it. Then you will play the song and only then.

Part 2
————————

Sean's pov

(a/n:...so technically we're starting right after Sean and Samuel exchanged numbers at school)

"OH MY GOD YOU ACTUALLY DID IT!" Jess practically screeches from her seat beside me.

"Wait till we leave the parking lot" I excitedly whisper trying to hide the smile on my face.

Even though I tried I obviously failed to do so. Once Samuels car pulled out of the space next to us my restraint was gone and the biggest smile broke out onto my face.

Not a smirk or a simple smile I would probably give just anyone. It was a real genuine smile.

"I did it" I whisper, turning to look at Jess.

"Yeah you did!" Jess chants looking at me with a proud smile.

"I knew you could do it, you just had to push away that shit load of anxiety" Jess adds making me shake my head.

"I guess you were always right" I joke in an amused tone.

Jess continues on to do a little happy dance for her achievements, even though I was the one who actually held the job of speaking to Samuel. The cherry on top, asking for his number with a flimsy excuse.

She practically did nothing and everything.

But who was I to complain. If it wasn't for Jess I would still be at square one. No actually negative square one. All the way at the back of line. Last place in my own race.

Not moving forward but at the same time moving backwards. Standing in the same place but occasionally taking a step back. I'm pretty sure that's a good summary of what was happening.

Jess's eagerness and encouragement was something so simple, yet helped me out in a way that made things easier. Gave me a chance to map out my thoughts before they consumed me, before I even got the chance to speak.

And although she didn't do much, just having her here with me as a form of support was enough to reassure me. To keep me leveled headed even though I didn't know what the hell I was doing.

Even thought it might be unimaginable, this was the first time in all of my life that I've ever had to ask anyone for there number. Usually they would offer it up to me. Or literally, and when I say literally I mean literally, throw themselves at me.

This is the first time I've ever even showed any real interests. The first time I've ever had to use effort. And definitely the first time I've had to chase someone.

Chasing simple moments of subtle eye contact whenever we would pass each other. Whether it be in the hallway or the classes that we shared. I would cast my gaze somewhere just to see the flicker of blue pass over in my direction, then revert not even a second later.

Chasing the moments where we would share the same classroom. Being remotely close to him was hard but enough. All in all it was a reminder. Someone that was so close but simply out of reach.