Chapter 12

February 21, 2011 (6:55 pm)

Ready for an intense chapter?! Well, too bad you might not get it. I don't know what's going to happen just yet. So, it will definitely be time for improv. I have some-what of an idea of what I want to do. I mean, now it's not just Clarity anymore, and it's not just Clarity and Nick. But it's Clarity, Nick and Heather!

What's going to happen? Not even I know!! :O

_________________________

I was really impressed with this she-wolf. I mean I ran pretty fast back to the hideout and she kept up. We didn't talk while we ran and it was pretty comforting. It felt normal having someone following me. Someone who didn't plan on killing me, I mean.

That was another thing, I trusted her. I mean I barely knew her, yet I trusted her. Maybe it was because her story made complete sense. The StormView males are frickin' retarded bastards. They'll probably kill each other fighting for dominance now that their alpha is gone.

But also, it might have been because I saw something in her eyes. They were just so honest and scared. They were the bluest eyes I've ever seen.

Wait. Blue eyes?

Oh....

She was the girl that I'd seen when I was running through the house looking for the alpha. The one who didn't move out of my way, but just stared in awe. Now it makes sense. I get it.

We approached the hideout and I saw Nick waiting for me at the entrance in wolf form.

I've made my decision.

If this was going to work between Nick and I, I had to be with him. Not as mates. I wouldn't accept him. I couldn't. That would be to hard if I lost him in anyway. But I need to be close to him. I needed to be able to kiss him and hug him and be near him.

If it went to mate to mate bond that would hurt us. My job doesn't allow me to get that close with anyone. But I still can't be without him. That would put me in a depression and in this business, I couldn't have that.

"Clarity?" Heather asked behind me.

I smirked. "It's okay. He's with me. He won't cause trouble."

She cocked her head slightly. "Is he like a pet or something?"

At that I laughed. "Nah, he's just someone who won't leave me alone, so I let him stay. He has a little crush on me. I was suppose to kill him, but I didn't want to, so he follows me."

Right now, I didn't want to tell her that we were mates. She didn't need to know.

I trotted up to Nick who was scrutinizing the two of us. When I got to him I rubbed my head under his chin and nuzzled his throat. He looked at me like I was crazy.