Chapter 8

January 29, 2011 (4:15 pm)

All right. I just posted Chapter 2 of the Spirit Wolf's Quest and Chapter three is written. Haven't decided whether I'll post that tonight or tomorrow. It depends on whether or not I can start chapter four after this is finished.

Any way.... back to Clarity and Nick. What's going to happen with them? Only I know... and MidnightRose66 of course. Haha... We're BFF's if you didn't notice.

____________________

I woke up early the next morning and started packing. I would be moving on whether or not Nick would be coming with me. It's not like the StormView pack would go anywhere, but I was eager to get them off my list.

Honestly, I really didn't know what was happening Nick and me. My wolf wanted him to stay and follow me to the end of Earth. Nick was my mate.

But the human, female, part of me told me not to get into this again. This could only lead to me being hurt all over again. And let me tell you, I did not want another repeat of what happened with Alex. So, I couldn't trust Nick yet.

My wolf still screamed and fought for me to love him, but I couldn't do that. I still had this mission to take care of and I couldn't afford to be distracted. Not about anything.

After I'd finished packing, I got ready and went outside. He was still sleeping soundly under a tree in wolf form. I walked over to him and nudged his side with my foot.

The next thing I knew I was flat on my back with Nick growling in my face, pinning me down. When he realized it was me, he quickly got off and phased. "Sorry, I didn't realize it was you. You should never wake a sleeping werewolf like that."

"Whatever," I said rolling my eyes as I got up and brushed myself off. "I'm going now. Are you coming or going home?"

He smirked. "Trying to loose me so quickly?"

I snorted. "You can't follow me forever. Sooner or later, you'll realize I'm not a good person to follow. I mean, you know what I do, right?"

Nick shrugged. "Don't hold you're breath."

"Wasn't planning on it."

Sooner or later, Nick wouldn't be able to take what I do. I could see it in his eyes that he didn't like killing people. Even if it involved things important to it, he'd look for any other possible way. I was doing the same, but he couldn't see that.

The only way for people to listen to me was to be noticed. And since I was a female, the only way to be noticed was to become an assassin. No, I wasn't happy about it, but there wasn't another way.

That's what I tried telling my father. But did he listen? No. The only way he'd listen was if I threatened his pack. Or at least that's what it should take for him to listen. Then again, my dad was a complete ass, so don't pray for it.

* * * * * * * * *

That afternoon, Nick and I were headed to the StormView territory. It was about thirty miles away, so we took a bus. I wasn’t in the mood to hike, I couldn’t travel in wolf form because I had my stuff, and I couldn’t drive because I didn’t get my license. So that left the bus as my only option.

And what a mistake that was.

The bus wasn’t like a school bus. It was the type of bus where the seats faced out towards the isle. Nick and I sat on the left side towards the back. Well, actually I did and he sat next to me, but that was to be expected.

We were some of the first people on the bus and got to have a pick of the seats. I can assure you that I wouldn’t have chosen that seat if I knew who would be sitting across from us. There were these two slutty blonds who had their eyes on Nick the whole time.

Once they laid their eyes on Nick, they instantly started to fix their hair and pulled their already low shirts even lower. I wrinkled my nose in disgust. They smiled at Nick, flashing their bleached teeth in a flirty manner. He nodded to them. “Hey,” he said. The skanks just giggled.

I rolled my eyes and took out my map again. The GrassPeak pack was pretty close to the StormView pack. That would probably be my next place to go after. The StormView pack had a bad reputation with how the males treated their females. It sickened me. I wanted so badly to kill all of those males for abusing, raping, and even touching the females when they didn’t want them to. But I couldn’t because I had to stick to my plan.

When I looked up from the map, I was seriously about to puke. The two blonds were now flirting with Nick. What was worse was that they were leaning forward with their elbows on their knees as if they were truly interested in what he was saying. And leaning forward, plus really low shirts equaled Nick having a full view.

I got up and intended to sit more towards the front. Nick caught my arm when I tried to move away. “Hey, where’re you going?”

My look asked him if he was mental. I looked back at the girls and they were glaring at me. My wolf wanted to rip their heads off, but I restrained her. “Sitting up front,” I said. “The sluts want their time with you.”

Nick gaped at me and the blonds were shocked. Then they realized that was I said had offended them. Wow. A little slow there, huh?

Talk about fake blonds, real dumb.

"Excuse me?" one of them asked.

"No," I said. "Excuse me." I left them, took my bag, and headed to the front of the bus. There was an empty seat next to a guy with his ipod in, so I sat there thinking he wouldn't bother me.

He didn't. All he did the whole time I sat there was stare out the window. I could faintly hear him listening to Nickleback. I sighed and glanced back at Nick. A soft growl emitted from my throat.

Those damn skanks were now sitting next to him. One on either side of him. Their fake, plastic bodies were draped over him. That was it. No more playing nice.

I stormed back towards them and growled lowly. When they saw me, one of the girl smirked. She grabbed Nick and planted her lips on his. Yeah. She was really dumb to mess with me, not to mention a total bitch.

Grabbing her shoulder, I ripped her off of Nick. Then to my entertainment, I punched her in the face. I grabbed Nick's arm and pulled him with me to the front of the bus, leaving one girl crying and the other trying to console her.

I pushed Nick down in the seat next to mine. "Clarity-" he began.

"Save it," I muttered. "I didn't let you tag along so you could play bachelor."

"Clarity, I'm not-"

"I said save it," I snapped at him, turning to look out the window. Nick sighed, but stayed silent. And that's how it was for the rest of the bus ride. Silent.

______________________

February 1, 2011 (11:55 pm)

OMG! I'm so sorry! That took forever! I just got caught up in my life. Yes, I have one. Even though it all revolves around stupid school and friggin' sports! Sometimes I wish that no one invented either of those things. Actually... I always wish that!

Anyway, it's late and I'm tired.

TTFN (ta-ta for now.... for those of you who didn't know)