Chapter 16

March 11, 2011 (9:30 pm)

All right... I haven't uploaded since the fifth... I'm sorry. I am, however, hoping to get this out to you guys tonight. Who knows though?

Tryouts start soon, and I am completely dreading it! First it was exciting, but then when I actually thought about it, I realized something. I started out all the sports I play too early. Since my parents kept pestering me about them, I've grown to dislike them very much.

Too bad they make me play. There's no longer any enjoyment in them. I miss that. Enjoying the things I do. I guess that's why I like writing so much. No one bugs me about it. I do it because I like to and I can do it whenever I want. It's not a scheduled thing. It's a freedom.

_____________________________

After the cave had been cleaned and everything was back in order, I went outside. The girls all looked at me with sympathetic looked. I ignored them and put on a straight face. "Work on your drills," I told them as I left.

I went to the stream and sat on a boulder thinking about everything. "Why can't my life be easy?" I muttered to myself.

All day I stayed out there. I trusted that Heather would take care of the girls. I wasn't really in the mood to be around anyone.

Soon the sun began to set. The sky turned a soft pink with a mixture of fiery colors around the setting sun. I've always like sunsets. For me it signaled another day over and another step towards reaching my goal. Tonight, my father would get a message. Tonight, my plan would go in action.

As I was caught up thinking about the plan, I didn't hear the soft footsteps coming closer. It wasn't until his scent hit me, that I knew he was here. I didn't turn around nor did I say anything. It wasn't until he spoke that I acknowledged his presence.

"Clarity?" Nick asked quietly.

Still, I didn't turn to look at him. "What do you want?" I asked in a calm, but hard voice coated with bitterness.

He came to stand in front of me. You could tell that he'd been through a lot by his appearance. His eyes had bags under them and they were dull. His hair looked as if he'd been pulling at it. Over all, he just looked really worn out. "I really didn't mean what I said," he told me. "I was drunk and I didn't no what I was saying or doing for that matter."

"I'll say," I muttered glaring at him.

"I never meant to hurt you," Nick said ignoring my comment. "I was upset that you... rejected me like that. I thought that...maybe..."

"Thought what?" I asked. "I told you that I wouldn't accept you! And I'm not hurt. I'm fine. I'm fine without a mate. I'm fine without you! You don't know how disappointed I was when you came back," I lied. "I never wanted you!"

Nick staggered back as if my words had hurt him physically. "What about... all those nights together?" he asked.

"What about them?" I asked. "I was just having fun. It's not my fault you took it seriously after I've told you time and time again how I would never accept or love you."

He just looked down.

"You've already done enough damage and slowed me down," I continued. "I want you to leave."

His eyes looked into mine, but he couldn't seem to read them. Nick nodded and then shifted. With one last look he left.

I sighed and looked at the water in the stream. Even if he couldn't read my eyes, I could read his. They were full of pain and sadness. It hurt me to know that I'd caused it. I'd ruined his life.

But, now I had to focus on my mission. Natalie would start to understand things soon. And I wanted her to understand that werewolves would be equal and that males were not dominant over us.

Darkness had fallen as I went back to the hideout. Heather was waiting when I got there. The girls looked up at me. "Everyone will sleep inside tonight," I said. "We're going to need to get a good nights sleep for a while."

Everyone got up and started to head inside. No one said anything. They must've known what was happening.  Heather walked towards me. "Are you going out tonight?" she asked.

I nodded. "I need to send my father a message."

"Would you like me to accompany you?" she asked. "It would be better if you had someone with you, right? I mean, you're going into enemy territory."

"Thank you for the offer, Heather," I said. "But I can do this alone. I will be fine. I know this territory like the back of my hand."

She nodded. "Just be careful okay."

"Don't worry about me," I assured her. "I've done this before."

Even though, she still looked a bit uneasy, she nodded. I went inside where all the girls were setting up sleeping bags and blankets. I went over to my desk and scribbled out a short note. I stuffed it into a bottle and left again.

The moon was low in the sky as I set off for the pack house. It was foggy out and gave the night an eerie feeling. I ignored it as I came to the gate. The weak places in it had been fixed since the last time I'd been here.

No doubt my father had taken any precautions he could.

I threw the bottle over the gate and heard it smash as it landed on the other side. With my work done for tonight, I started to head back.

It wasn't until after it happened that I noticed their presence. A net dropped on me and immediately I shifted, which was a stupid idea on my part. No thumbs.

I struggled to get free, but only succeeded in making myself more tangled in the trap. They started walking towards me. I saw their feet first. Their scent hit me. Garrett, my father's beta. Jason, my father's third in command. The last one surprised me. It was my brother. Anthony.

I growled at them. Anthony's eyes widened, but then they because hard. He was different since when I last saw him. He was no longer that eleven year old boy. No, he was the blonde haired, blue eyed man my father made him out to be. One to follow orders as a kid. One to learn to give orders when he became alpha.

He shook his head in pity at me. "You should've followed your orders, Clarity," he said. "You shouldn't have disobeyed Father." I snapped my teeth at him."Take her away."

Garrett and Jason sedated me then. They shot two darts at me and my eyes drooped. Before I went under, I let out a loud, ear-piercing howl. Then, my eyes closed and my world went blank.

_____________________________

March 12, 2011 (3:00pm)

All right, now that that is out. I'm sorry I couldn't get it out last night, but I tried. Tonight, I have to do somethings, but once I finish, I will start writing a new chapter for SWQ....

I hope you liked this chapter.

TTFN