Chapter 6

January 24, 2011 (12:58 pm)

You know what bugs me? A lot of things, yes. But right now what bugs me is how a story on the what's hot list can drop so quickly if you don't upload fast enough. I mean really? Two days and you get bored? Is that what it feels like to be married? Doesn't matter anyway, I don't believe in love.

_____________________________________

Great. Now I had one of those little lost puppies.

I mean, it's one of those situations that you get something cute like a puppy. A puppy you don't really want, but have to keep around because you feel bad if you leave it. You're supposed to take care of it and feed it and give it water and all that stuff.

Well now, I had that. Except he slept outside.

I went up to him the next morning in human form and stood in front of him. He lifted his head off of his paws and looked at me. "Why don't you just go home?" I asked. "Is it really worth it to follow me around? You're not gaining anything by it."

He stood up slowly and I back up slightly. Then, he shifted. I was right. He was just as I saw him through his eyes. A boy about seventeen years old. He had black hair and those amazing green, emerald eyes. He was well built and had a perfect tan. Everything about him still screamed "male model" at me.

The kid was dressed in some khaki shorts and a dark blue t-shirt. He was barefoot and his hair was tousled.

"Well?" I asked appearing to him as unfazed.

"You're right," he said in a deep, sexy voice. "I'm not gaining anything by following you, but I'm not going to stop."

I rolled my eyes and groaned. "You're annoying, you know that?" I said as I turned and walked back towards the hideout. Guess what. He followed me! Perfect.

He smirked at me. "I'm Nick by the way. Nick Anderson."

I snorted at that. Why would he think I'd care about what his name was? He was just some stupid male that would probably get bored of following the infamous rouge and go on his merry, little way eventually. "Congratulations. I don't really care who you are," I said bluntly. 

He stiffled a laugh. "You're kind of funny," he said.

"I don't see how."

To my utter annoyance, he just kept on laughing. It was a rich, heart-warming sound. Wait, pause.

There was no way I was going to have fun with him. I mean, I just killed his friend and he was laughing with me? Something was up. I walked into the hideout and he walked in behind me with confidence. This guy was really weird.

"You're not going to sniff out traps?" I asked in a bored tone. I wouldn't give him the pleasure of showing him his actions surprised me.

"I figure that if you had traps around, you'd be more careful where you step," he explained. "But you walk in a carefree way. Like you own the world. You do what you please."

"That's because no one can stop me," I pointed out as I reached into a plastic container. After getting a couple of waters, I tossed him one.

"How can I make sure it's not poison?"

I rolled my eyes and took his water from him. He watched as I unscrewed the cap and took a sip. When I handed it back to him he smiled and took a sip himself, not bothering to wipe off the top. "Careful," I said. "My bite might be poison, too."

"It's not," he told me.

I shot him a glare. "How would you know?"

"You bit me, remember?"

"Oh, right," I said in a light tone. "Huh."

"Are you going to apologize for that?"

"Nope," I said popping the 'p'. "You shouldn't have gotten in my way."

He laughed again. Yeah, I was just a barrel of laughs today.

After that, I'd given him a power bar and left him alone. I went over to my little desk in the corner and took out my map. I made sure to turn the desk around so that he was always in my line of vision. I started working. I marked off the IceRose pack and made up a count of the packs I had left to hit up.

There were thirteen left. I assumed with the traveling and living and stuff like that, I would be here for at least another five months or so. I looked over at Nick. I wondered how long he'd keep it up. I shook my head and went back to the map.

The StormView pack could be next if.... crash!

I looked up startled and got into my defensive stance. Nick was over by some toppled crates looking at me sheepishly. I groaned and rolled my eyes. He's so much more trouble than he's worth. Still, I couldn't help feeling -

No! I would not feel anything for him.

"Sorry," he said. "I've got it. Just go back to your map."

Again, I rolled my eyes and did what he said. Not because he told me, but because I wanted to plan this out today. So, the StormView pack was only a few..... Thump! Thump! Thump!

I looked over at Nick again. What the hell was he doing? And of course he was at my punching bag.

That's it. I went over to him and grabbed his arm and dragged him outside. "Where're we going?" he asked.

"We're going for a run," I said. "Hope you can keep up."

_____________________________________

January 24, 2011 (3:55 pm)

I'm tired now. I choose to blame it on midterms and track. At least midterms will be over tomorrow. Then, I will celebrate! Track.... just ew.

Anyway... there's chapter six. Blackie got a name... how about that?

Well, TTFN.

Oh... and the next lone she-wolf story will start on Friday. Make sure to read it!