Chapter 21

March 27, 2011 (8:45 pm)

Moment of truth....

Is there going to be a happy ending?

Or will this turn into one of the Nicholas Sparks novels?

Read to find out, because the moment of truth is now. This story is almost over. Can you believe it? I think I'm going to end it with her becoming alpha or something. Then there will be the epilogue. So, all in all... this will be over in the next two weeks. How sad is that? Just don't cry... I'm making another one after I finish with The Spirit Wolf's Quest.... so it's all good.

Umm... did wattpad change....??

So chapter 21!

_______________________________

Today is the day.

It's been four days since my near-death... situation. I guess you could call it that. Anyway, I haven't left my room at all, nor have I eaten much. My mother and sisters have visited me and so have the other girls.

Felicia went back to her pack yesterday. She wanted to see her daughter. I was happy for her and I really do hope to see her again someday.

Anthony still hasn't spoken me since the night I was captured, but Freddy has. He doesn't really care that much. As long as he gets what he wants, he'll be fine. But I guess Anthony's pissed that I'm alpha now. In truth, the first born son is usually the one to become alpha. Now that all genders are equal, things are changing. He just better get used to it.

Right now, I'm getting dressed as fast as I can. Nick is still in the hospital. The doctors were able to fix up his wound, but he hasn't waken up. The matter of whether he lives or not depends on him waking up.

If he doesn't, then nothing will matter to me anymore. When a person finds their mate, they are supposed to be happy and together forever. For so long, I’ve been deprived of so many things because of my damn mission. He is the only thing I want now. Only him.

I climbed down my spiral staircase and into the entryway. I asked to go alone today. My neck is perfectly fine and there wasn't really anyone here that I'd want to go with. I'd ask Felicia to go with me, but she wasn't here.

She's the type of person who would do that sort of thing. I've never really understood why she joined my group for the chance she might've had to kill someone. I mean, I know she did it for her daughter, but I don't think she'd have the heart to kill anyone. She's not that type of person.

My mother came out of the kitchen. "Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" she asked.

I shook my head. "This is something I need to do alone," I said quietly. "Don't wait up for me, okay?"

She nodded and disappeared back into the kitchen. I grabbed the keys off the hook near the door. I've never really driven much, but I can do it. I was almost seventeen, so I had gotten my license. How I did will remain anonymous, but i got it nonetheless.

Until I could get a car of my own, I would have to use my mother's car. I don't think that she used it that often, so it was in pretty good shape and didn't have that many miles on it. Once I got in, I started the car and headed to the hospital.

While I drove, I tried my hardest to hope for good news. I had to be positive. He's going to make it. He's going to be okay. I need him. I love him. He has to make it. Please, don't let him die. 

I blocked out those thoughts immediately and dried my eyes. I couldn't even think positive thoughts because that led me to negative ones. I mean, what if he's not okay. It's been at least four days since he's been awake. The doctors have said that he's stable... for now.

The hospital came into view and I quickly found a parking space. It makes sense I guess. No one really wants to go to a hospital. After cutting the engine and taking a deep breath, I got out of the car. It's time.

As soon as I walked through the double doors, I asked for his room number. The receptionist pointed me in the right direction. I found his room and just stood outside the door for a moment. Finally, with shaking hands, I opened the door and entered the room.

Immediately, my eyes went to him. He was lying in the hospital bed. The machine next to him said that he had a steady heartbeat, but other than that and the soft breaths he took, there were no signs of life.

I stiffly walked over to the side of the bed and sat down in the chair next to him. I didn't really know what to do. I just wish he could wake up. He had to move or do something. I needed him to move or do anything that would show me that he's going to be okay.

But there was nothing.

People have said that when other people are in comas, that sometimes they can hear what's going on around them. That was a bunch of shit, but it didn't stop me from talking. I needed to fill the silence that was cutting into me like knives.

"You need to wake up," I said softly as I reached for his hand. "I can't do this without you. Please, be okay. Just please."

I felt the tears start to prick in my eyes. Swiftly, I shut the door. In a much slower manner, I went back to the chair and pulled it closer to him. Again, I took his hand.

"I'm the alpha now," I said quietly. "But I need you there next to me. We'd be partners. We're mates and we're supposed to be together, Nick. Please.

"I'm so sorry for everything I said. I didn't mean it. I was just trying to protect you. I never meant for this to happen. I'm so sorry," I cried as I laid my head in my arms in the bed next to him. For a while, I just cried.

A few hours passed before I picked my head back up and looked at him. He was still the same. Sighing, I wiped my eyes with the back of my hand. One last time, I looked at him. "I love you," I whispered and then kissed him lightly on the forehead.

I left the hospital that night feeling empty. He had to wake up. I needed him more than I needed air. I feel so sick. Every step I took away from him, I felt like vomiting. It was then that I knew if he died, I would, too and my father would've taken two lives for the price of one. Even when he lost, he still won.

And that led me to praying everynight before I went to bed and everytime I visited Nick for the next two weeks.

_______________________

March 31, 2011 (9:40 pm)

Okay, so that is all I can write for tonight. I will be uploading this weekend.... hopefully tomorrow if things go the way I planned. Most likely no on Saturday night. I'll work on it Saturday morning.

This story is almost over.... how sad is that? Well, it will be good...

More time to finish The Spirit Wolf's Quest and then start The False Mate. So, I have big plans... like legit I have about six story ideas saved in my e-mail. I'll be busy for a while!

TTFN