Chapter 3

January 15, 2011 (1:25 pm)

Bored-ish. And I don't want to update The Lone She-Wolf just yet. Mostly because people keep trying to kick me off. Nice, right? Well, whatever.... I'm going to start now.

______________________________________

I was in the forest again, walking from the pack house. It was getting cold out, but I didn't care. My dad was wrong. He didn't know me or what I wanted. No one did. That's why I kept up the killings.

As I was walking along a path, I noticed something. It was just a large slab of rock protruding from the ground. It was a tombstone. Why would there be a tombstone in the middle of the woods. I went over to it and read the writing.

Clarity Ordain

1994-2006

Beloved daughter and sister

I blinked several times and just stared. What the hell?! My mom and everyone else didn't know I was the one doing the killings because they thought I was dead! My dad faked my death four years ago! How could he do this?!

Now, I was shaking with anger. That asshole told everyone I died when I was twelve! The anger boiled inside of me and burst out. My wolf came out and I ran. Away from that place towards the IceRose pack. No more detours and no more breaks.

Soon everyone would know my name. They would all know my father lied. And they would know that I was now on a full fledged mission. Females would be known instead of just another face. They would be more than weak, fragile women that had been give the gift of the wolf just to reproduce with the males. Now, we would have a name. And it was my job to give them one.

I would not be stopped. I would definitely not be distracted. Not like last time...

The last time I was distracted, I was just fourteen. I thought he understood and wanted to help me, even if he was a male.

His name was Alex and he was part of my father's pack. He told me that he wanted to be with me, and he'd been hurting ever since I left. I'd been alone, on my own, for two years and was caught up with the idea of being with someone who wanted to be with me. Alex said he left the pack, but he lied to me.

My dad ended up having him, a sixteen year old hunter, try to kill me. It was all a ploy.

~Flashback~

We were in a cave coming back from a run. It was raining and we were just trying to escape the rain. I had gone out to find my ring that I'd dropped. He was speaking on the phone when I returned.

"No," he said into the phone. I didn't even know he had a phone. "She's still alive."

"If you wait too long, she'll find out," I heard a voice say. It was my father's! He was trying to kill me. "Do it soon, Alexander. Don't let her suspect a thing."

"Yes, sir," Alex said in monotone. The realization hit hard. Alex didn't love me! He was toying with me. Trying to make me love him and trust him just so he could kill me.

I walked into the cave and he looked at me. "So when were you planning on doing it?" I asked him in an angry voice, narrowing my eyes.

He growled. "Well, I was planning to do it later, but you know now. I've always wanted to actually fight you," he smiled. Damn bastard didn't even deny it! "It will be more fun now." Alex never loved me. I was a fool for letting myself fall for him.

"I've heard that you were smart, strong, fast, and a good fighter," he continued. "The others were weak though. I've had training."

My lips hitched up in a small smile. Arrogant idiot.

"Come on Claire-bear," he said. "Show me what you got."

We both shifted and clashed. Teeth, fur, and claws. We ripped into each other. I had to admit that he was pretty good, better than most. Still, he wasn't a match for me. I looked into his eyes when he was down. Right before I went for his throat, I told him something.

'You played for the wrong team, babe,' I told him through my mind. Then I killed him. I shifted back, fully clothed, as did he now that he was dead.

That was the first time I've cried since I left. The only time. He made me love him, and I feel for it. He was my first kiss, my first everything, but he betrayed me. I even thought he was my mate.

~End of Flashback~

Older and more grown, I knew now. Hunters had tried what Alex did multiple times. Yet, I didn't let them in anymore. Yes, I flirted and led them on to believe that I was buying, it but I always killed them. Then I ran.

I ran through the darkness trying to find myself, you could say. And I was running from the hunters. I always acted like they were no big deal, but really the terrified me. Some of the weapons they carried were scary. What's even worse... I knew they were designed for me.

Shaking off the thought, I found myself at the IceRose pack. I smiled to myself. Destination found.

_______________________________

January 19, 2011 (3:45 pm)

Well that was entertaining to write.... even though it took forever. Clarity has a... different (you could say), than most my other characters. Oh, well. TTFN