Chapter 23

April 2, 2011 (2:55 pm)

Okay, so this part will probably be out tomorrow... I have things to do tonight, so I'm not going to be able to write much... I really only have half an hour right now.

But this is the last chapter of the actual book! The next chapter will be the epilogue and then it's over. Isn't that really sad? And another thing... there will not be another sequel anytime soon... or maybe even at all. I love this book, really I do. I mean, what girl wouldn't? It has a tough, strong, independent girl kicking all the guys' asses! Can someone say "Hell YES?!"

Well anyway, after I finish this... I will concentrate more on the Spirit Wolf's quest and then I will start my new story. I hope you guys like that one just as much as this one if not more.

Now for Chapter 23...

________________________

The trees blurred past me as I ran through the forest. I ran fast, so he wouldn't catch me. I loved the feeling of running like this. At times my feet didn't even touch the ground and it felt like I was flying. Everything was perfect now.

It's been a month since... that day. No one really talks about anymore, and I'm completely thankful for that. It was the worst day of my life.

I know that there will be more trouble in the future. Some alphas will be angry and when they want to fight, we'll be ready.

Dana's alpha of her pack now. Apparently she had a much more supportive father than I had. He gladly stepped down for her. Maybe it was because she was his only family member left, but I'm so happy for her. Why couldn't all dads be like that?

I guess it doesn't matter anymore. It's better for me not to have a father anyway.... which leads me to another thing.

Apparently my dad wasn't my mother's true mate. She said that she never found him, but I think he's still out there. I want her to find him, but she said that he's probably married as well and happy with his life as she is with hers.

And as long as she's okay with how things turned out, then I was okay with it. Still, I can't believe what my life would be like if I didn't have Nick.... oh wait. I'd probably be dead.

I skidded to a stop at the edge of a waterfall. I looked down as the water cascaded into a beautiful, clear pool of water. Just as I was about to turn the other way, something barreled into me, sending us both of the edge. I yelped as my body hit the water and sank below the surface.

Underwater, I shifted and pushed back to the surface. Once above the water, I took a big breath of air and looked for the black wolf that had been the reason I was actually in the water.

I found him just as he broke through the water. He swam towards me and nudged me towards the bank of the pool. Once I was out, he climbed out next to me and shook the water out of his fur. I put my hands up in protest. "Hey!" I exclaimed.

He gave me a wolfy grin before shifting back. "I caught you, Miss Ordain," he smirked. "I think I should get my prize now."

"That's only because I was cornered up there," I said pointing to the top of the waterfall. "And then you rammed into me and soaked me. So, I think you owe me now."

Nick laughed. "All right, fine," he said as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"So what do I get?" I asked him as I placed my arms around his neck.

"A kiss for now," he said as he lightly pecked me on the lips. "And a surprise later."

"You're supposed to be the one who gets surprises," I said. "It's your eighteenth birthday."

He just shrugged. "I'm not one for surprises, hun," he said. "Besides, you need a good surprise. You've been working too hard."

"This is nothing comapred to what I did before," I muttered. He sighed and took my hand as we walked back to the house in a peaceful silence.

As I walked back to my room a few hours later and after tucking Natalie into bed, I opened my room to find it pitch black. I frowned, usually the sliding glass doors gave in a bit of light. Walking towards them, I found them covered with a black sheet.

I quickly took it off and cautiously stepped outside. My eyes widened at the thousands of twinkling lights decorating my balcony. It was beautiful.

There was a table and two chairs in the center of the balcony. Delicious looking food was placed in on the table next to a lit candle.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something move. In the next moment, Nick was at my side. "Surprise," he whispered in my ear.

I looked at him. "Why don't I get to surprise you?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows. "You won't even let me give you a birthday gift. Yet, you're surprising me when my birthday passed."

He smiled fondly at me. "I didn't get you a present on your birthday," he said. "This is my way of making it up to you."

"You already gave me what I wanted on my birthday," I said looking into his eyes. "You woke up."

"I love you, Clarity," Nick told me. "I always have and I want to make sure you know it. And I need to know that you're mine forever and only mine."

"Nick... that's crazy," I said. I looked at him warily. "Wait. What are you..."

"Just go with it," he said as he sank down to one knee and reached into his pocket. My eyes went wide as he took out a black velvet box. "Clarity Ordain," he began, but I stopped him.

"Shut up," I said smiling like an idiot as I sank down to his level on the balcony deck. "You don't even have to ask," I murmured as I put a hand on the side of his face. "My heart belongs to you forever," I whispered as I leaned in and kissed him.

He kissed me back and then pulled away. "It would be more romantic to ask, you know. I had this whole, mushy, lovey-dovey speech planned out and..." he paused as he opened the box, "the ring."

Nick took my hand and slipped the ring into place. It was the most beautiful inanimate thing I've ever seen. It looked like it sparkled along with the many lights on the balcony. He stood and took my hands, pulling me up with him.

"I love you, Nick," I whispered as I wound my arms around his neck and buried my hands into his hair.

When he smiled at me, I smiled. "I love you, too, Clarity Anderson," he whispered back, then placing his lips upon mine.

_____________________

April 3, 2011 (3:45pm)

Well, there you go. The final chapter! Was it good? I hope so. Now all that's left is the epilogue. Isn't this sad? I think so. No more Clarity, the female rogue that could kick any guy's ass. I really hope that inspired people.

I mean, how many times do you hear people say guys are stronger? Let me answer that for you... A LOT!

I'm seriously sick of it. Seriously? Brains over brawn. And who has more brains... that's right females. As long as you know the weaknesses and how to manipulate your opponent, you can easily take them down. Don't forget that...

TTFN