Chapter 20

March 26, 2011 (10:50 pm)

Okay, so you guys should love me because my previous chapter was let out a day early. Yeah, you're very, very welcome.  Okay, so I wanted to tell you a little bit about my next story. No, there is not going to be anymore on Clarity or any other character in this book, but yes, it is about werewolves.

I think I'm going to call it The False Mate, but I'm not sure yet. I'm not going to leak too many details, but there's the title. It revolves around a girl and stuff. Has to do with the kind of thing and where her first transformation of when she shifts into a wolf happens on her sixteenth birthday and she needs her mate there to guide her through the transformation and whatever. If you read The Dark Guardian series by Rachel Hawthorne then it'd be much more clearer.

Anyway, onto Chapter 20!

_____________________________

I woke up in a purple room. Purple walls. Soft, purple carpet. Purple sheets and purple pillows. That was the first thing I noticed.

Then, I realized I was back in my own room... in an actual bed. I haven't been in an actual bed for over four years. Damn, I missed this. It was so comfortable, I didn't want to move!

But of course, I remembered what had happened. I shot forward in a panic. "Hey," a voice said next to me. "You need to take it easy."

"Lisa?" I asked.

My sister smiled at me. She was so different than when I'd last seen her. I wonder if she'd been in that crowd. I really hoped not. "You doing okay?"

I nodded. "Were you there?" I asked.

"No, I heard about it, though," she said looking out the window. "I guess you did what you set out to do and Dad... well he's gone."

"I didn't kill him, but it had to happen. He was going to hurt Natalie and I...I just... he wasn't the same as before."

"Yeah, we all knew that," she said quietly. "The girls are here. They're doing well. I think some of them will be staying with the pack. Anthony's kind of pissed though."

"Why?" I asked in a confused tone.

"You're the alpha," she said simply. "He was supposed to be it. That's what dad said at least, but I don't think that he's going to confront you about it."

I shrugged and then my face fell. "Lisa?" I asked quietly. "Where's Nick?"

She didn't answer for a moment, which left me to think the worse. I was already freaking out, too. Finally, she spoke. "He's not here. His injuries were bad and he was taken to a hospital. He's in intensive care right now."

I started to get out of bed ignoring the blazing pain in my neck. "I need to go see him," I said, but Lisa held me down.

"Clarity, you need to rest for now," she said forcefully. "You got a bad blow and you'll just hurt yourself going to see him. He's in a coma, so you being there won't make a difference."

"But I need to," I said. "I need to be there for him. You don't understand, Lisa. He needs me."

"Clarity, no. Not for a few days. You need to rest."

"Please," I begged her. "Just, please."

But she shook her head, not budging an inch. I just looked away as tears sprang in my eyes. I barely heard her quietly leave the room. I wanted to see him and so did my wolf. She howled for his wolf.

All through the day, I had a variety of visitors, though I didn't say much, which made them just sit there awkwardly. I couldn't feel anything really, just a hallow feeling. Nick was dying and it was all my fault.

He told me not to blame myself, but how could I not? If I never tried to take down my father, then he would still be here and be strong.

As night was closing in, I sat on the window seat and looked out at the forest blankly. The door opened, but I didn't bother looking to see who it was. The sound of feet padding towards me, did though.

I looked down to see my baby sister looking at me. "Clary?" she asked.

I didn't respond, nor did I smile. I wanted to smile at her, but I just couldn't. Very gently, I picked her up and held her in my arms. She just stayed their comfortably and quietly. Having her nestled in my arms, made me even sadder. I've never cried this much in my life, but then again, the man I love has never been in intensive care before.

After a while, Natalie fell asleep and I just sat there holding her. I looked at the sky to see the first star of the sky. I've never been one for wishing on stars, but I was desperate.

"Please," I whispered. "I would give anything if you could just let Nick be okay. I don't think I can live without him. I need him. Please, let him be all right. Just please."

He had to be okay. He just had to be.

__________________________

March 27, 2011 (12:25 am)

Okay, I can't write anymore for this chapter... sorry. It's really short I know! But hey it's two in one day... don't complain!

Anyway, I'll probably upload later in the week.... I got a lot of stuff to do tomorrow.... so....

TTFN