Chapter 13

February 23, 2011 (5:55pm)

Lion King 2 songs are really deep if you actually listen to them. I love them a bunch! Too bad itunez doesn't have them in their stupid store! They also don't have a lot of T.Swift songs. Everyone should go on strike against them. They need to have songs that I listen to on youtube every day!

All right, back to this story now. I am honestly starting to get bored with it now. I mean, I know it's really moving and brings a whole new level to girl power and all, but I am too eager to get the to good part... and trust me, the good parts will be epic. But who knows when they are coming?

___________________________

It's now just before night fall. Nick and Heather were introduced when Nick and I came back to the hideout.We had something to eat before the sun started to creep away.

I invited Heather to sleep inside the cave with us, but she insisted on staying by the pond. Did she think that Nick and I would....

I don't even want to finish that thought. If Nick and I got that far then, there would be no turning back. It would bring us too close together. We couldn't afford to get that close.

Right now, he's reading again. I guess there isn't that much to do. I looked over at him for the hundredth time. This time, he looked back. I refused to look away. He gave me a small smile in which I returned. This is a really awkward situation....

"You want me to shut the lantern off so you could sleep?" he asked.

"You don't have to do that," I said.

Nick shook his head and put the book down. "I don't want this to be weird for us, Claire," he said. I shook my head in agreement. He held his arms open. "Come here."

So, I slowly crossed the little space between us and sat in his lap on the sleeping bags. His arms came around me and he gently stroked my hair. "You know if this is uncomfortable for you, then you don't have to do it," he murmured.

My head snapped up to look at him. "I want this," I said. "I've never met anyone like you. You sacrificed everything to follow me. You held on to the little, tiny bit of hope that I would let you stay. And you've made me realize that I need you. We can't take it too far, but I need some sense that you care for me."

"I'd care about you even if you told me you hated me," Nick said gazing into my eyes.

That left me speechless. Nick took advantage of the moment and crashed his lips to mine. My wolf instantly reacted. I kissed him back with full force and knotted my fingers in his hair.

Now, I was glad Heather decided to stay outside. I sighed as I hugged myself closer to Nick. Too soon he pulled away. "Not awkward anymore?" he asked smirking as I frowned. 

I pulled his lips back to mine and kissed him even more passionately than before. We fell onto the sleeping bags. Nick was lying beneath me as I smiled against his mouth.

As he pulled away to reach towards the lantern, I trailed kisses all along his neck. I heard a click and the cave went dark. Nick lifted my chin and brought it back to his mouth. He pulled back again and said the unthinkable. "I love you, Clarity," he said.

When I stiffened, he looked at me. "Nick-" I started.

"You don't have to say it back," he said quickly. "I just wanted you to know. I'm sorry."

I sighed. "It got awkward again," I muttered as I curled up against his side.

He chuckled and kissed my cheek lightly. "I'm sorry. Just sleep, now. Things will be better in the morning."

That was highly doubtful, but I did what he said anyway. Soon enough, I feel asleep.

I could feel that this was a mistake, having Nick around, but I was being selfish. I had to keep him around. When he was here, the dreams weren't. In the dreams, I was a hundred percent sure that the wolf that never failed to appear was him.

Those dreams used to come every night. Now that he was here, they never did. I was no longer afraid, either. I guess that I'll just have to see how things play out for a while. And maybe this can all be over soon.

__________________________

February 23. 2011 (8:55 pm)

Sorry, that's so short. But the next chapter is going to take a leap in time, if you know what I'm saying. So, I had to stop there. What do ya'll thinks going to happen?

You know I bet it would be fun to talk in a southern accent... sometimes I randomly say things that sound like I'm British. Apparently that happened in my biology class and my bio teacher goes to me, "What are you, British?" Yeah, that was embarrassing....

TTFN