Chapter 17

CAMILA

“I still can’t get over how cute she is, Bellamy,” I can’t help but fawn over this precious little girl in my arms. I’ve barely been around babies besides my own so these last three weeks of being able to help Bellamy and Maverick out has been a dream. 

The kids and I still don’t go anywhere alone and the only places we do tend to go outside of the apartment are Georgia and Jetson’s place and Bellamy and Maverick’s. I finally got the chance to meet the rest of Bellamy’s family, her dad Darren and step-mom, Hazel. They’re head over heels excited about being grandparents, Elsie is going to be one spoiled little girl.

Thinking about it kind of makes me sad. I hate that my parents don’t even know about Nico and Anna and that they don’t know what it means to have grandparents. Miguel’s dad had already died before they were born and once Miguel took control of the family business, I have no idea what happened to his mother. I don’t like to think about it, but it has definitely crossed my mind plenty of times. Did she go through what I did or was she a bigger part of the business? Why did Miguel send her off and where did she end up? The last twenty years of my life are just unanswered questions.

“She is really cute,” Bellamy replies and pulls me out of my random thoughts. “She’s lucky too, because she has her days and nights mixed up right now and that is anything but cute.”

“Oh no. Are you breastfeeding her on demand or are you trying to put her on a schedule?”

Bellamy laughs, “Her schedule is if she’s awake, she’s attached to my boob.”

“I’m sorry, Mama, it is really hard. If you want to go lay down and take a nap you can do that. Jasper is outside with the kids and I don’t mind holding her.”

“No, don’t be silly, you came over here to visit and I would be a crappy host if I went and took a nap.”

“I came over here to see her, you don’t need to be a host for me,” I smile at Bellamy and she smiles again. She’s a beautiful woman and I’m pretty sure she’s made of rainbows and sunshine. I wholeheartedly believe that she’s the only reason Maverick seems semi-human. I think she’s injected him with some of that sunshine.

“Well, if you don’t need me to be your host, at least tell me all the good tea.”

“I don’t know what that means.”

“Tea! Like all the good gossip that is going on. Come on, Camila, you’re not THAT old!”

I smirk, “I’m like ten years older than you, Bellamy. I don’t speak whatever generational language you’re speaking in. I don’t know what you want from me though, there is no tea.” I use one hand to make air quotes around the word tea.

“Mmmhmm, I don’t believe you. See I knew what these Wilkins men are like. I fell in love with one too. It is so clear that there is something different with him and I’m 100% sure that it has to do with you. I won’t tell anybody, not even Maverick, swear.”

“I don’t believe you,” I say with a laugh.

Bellamy clenches her chest, “What? I’m offended!”

“Are you really, Bellamy? You and I both know that you’re the kind of woman that tells her man everything! If you want to talk tea so badly, why don’t you fill me in more on whatever the hell is going with Landry and Jasper. I need the background details of that so I know who I need to hate and why it is Jasper.”

She throws her head back in laughter, “See, this is why you fit right into this puzzle called family. You already know that these boys are fucking stupid. They are gorgeous and sexy and the type of man you want to wrap your legs around and climb like a tree, but they are so fucking clueless and stupid.”