~Lifeless~13

~(Y/n) P.O.V. (Where last chapter left off)~

Mikasa insists that she's fine and that I don't take her to the infirmary, so I don't. We walk over to Armin and Eren who had apparently woken up sometime during the fight. "So, Uh, what was that about?" Eren asks curiously, cocking an eyebrow at us. "Oh just a dispute between friends." You state, setting your arm on Mikasa's shoulder and leaning on her.

~No One's P.O.V.~

Eren couldn't believe what he was seeing. You and Mikasa were getting along, well more of Mikasa didn't look like she hated you for once.

As a few weeks passed the scouts got ready for an exhibition they called the 57th Exterior Scouting Mission of the Scout Regiment. Over that time you had gotten to be decently close with Mikasa, Eren, and Armin. You of course got closer to the rest of the scouts as well, just mostly them.

~Time Skip (The Day of The Exhibition)~

You are hyped. As this is your first REAL mission with the scouts you were ecstatic about the whole thing, despite a weird feeling in the pit of your stomach. It was faint but it was noticeably telling you something wasn't going to go right. You told the others in which they responded with, "It never goes well anyway" or "Don't worry, we're gonna be careful". Which really didn't help.

Hopping on your horses, you all got in position to leave. You are right next to Eren mainly for safety purposes and such, wish you weren't sad about. Eren, on the other hand, was extremely happy you were grouped with him and Levi's squad. As always, he planned to catch glances of you the entire way.

Setting off, the scouts spread out into the set formation. Flares were going off occasionally but mainly just normal titans not a lot of abnormal titans, as expected. You all got decently far, the forest beginning to be in sight to the front lines when news was received that the right wing was taken out. This news left you frozen, the entire right wing?! How is that possible?! There were so many soldiers!

There was no hesitation for Commander Erwin to send out orders though. He always has a plan, kinda scary at times. After being told that the right wing shouldn't be of concern right now, you all got back to the task at hand.

~Small Time Skip (When You Reach The Forest)~

Finally reaching the forest, the sides of the formation decide to go around rather than struggling to go through, also to keep the center lines safe from incoming titans. Getting a little ways into the forest you receive intel about... another female titan? Eren, being the way he is, nearly decides to shift before Levi's squad stops him, telling him that if he were to shift that would mean he didn't trust them. So he decided against it, Levi's squad leaving to take care of the titan.

You decide to go help Levi's squad, mainly just curious about this so-called other female titan. Reaching the titan, you find Levi's squad attacking, then your heart practically stops. The female titan swiftly kills the entire squad there. Stepping on them, throwing them into trees far harder than an average human can withstand, killing them all.

Tears well in your eyes, you had liked Levi's squad, given they weren't as close as you were to Armin, Mikasa, and Eren, but they were like a second family to you. Then, it went black.

Out of pain and anger, you shift. Not in control at all. The titan seems to try and speed up, obviously avoiding the scorching titan (you) hunting it down. Swiftly, you catch up and tackle the titan, melting some of its skin. It hardens its skin which seems to melt a lot slower. You, not being in control, attack the titan beneath you like a wild animal, scratching, biting, just doing as much damage as you could. Meanwhile the female titan tried to keep up by hardening its skin repeatedly to try and avoid falling by your hands.

Getting frustrated, you scream a hideous titan screech at the blonde titan. Seeing an opening, it swiftly kicks you into a group of trees. Dumpling through and burning trees, you get back up, only to be shoved by the titan again, but this time into a lake that just so happened to be behind you. The head of your skin and the coolness of the water make your skin harden, making you imobile. Still basically being unconscious, your titan body lays there motionless.

~Levi P.O.V. (When You Shift)~

Turning my attention away from my deceased squad, I use my 3DM gear to fly to where loud noises can be heard from. Only to find the molten titan, who normally uses fighting techniques, scratching and biting at the female titan as if she were a wild bear.

She Lost Control.

She was obviously getting frustrated, screaming in the female titan's face, leaving an opening and getting kicked off. I continue to watch until the molten titan gets ultimately stuck in a lake, her skin hardening into a black stone. The female titan then runs off once again.

Eventually breaking through the tough titan skin, I slice (Y/n) out of her titan, swinging her over to a tree and leaving her there for later.

~(Y/n) P.O.V. (Waking Up)~

Opening my heavy eyelids, I brush some of my (H/c) hair out of my face. Looking around the room I recognize it as the scouts infirmary. What Happened...?

Feeling fine, I hop out of bed and walk out to look for someone who could give me an explanation. Finding a random scout who I recognize from the starting formation, I ask for an explanation. She proceeds to tell me about the female titan and how it tried to take Eren and how I lost control. Then the memories flooded back, Levi's squad, all lifeless and blood coated...

---

Thanks For All The Reads Guys! Hope You're Enjoying The Story So Far!