35.

December 9th
Trafalgar Square, London Police station.

"no comment."he replied for what felt like the hundredth time.

"And you've never done drugs?" Pc James asked.

"no comment."

"You seem very reserved Makel. We're going to have to do a drug test."

"alright."

"So would you like to tell us where you've been for the last few weeks?"

"not really."

"And where is .. your girlfriend and or the mother of Khari Marquis?"

"she's gone. They said they were going to mail her body back to her parents."

"Why are you so calm? This could result in you going to prison you could never see your son again Makel do you understand?"

"yes-" he sighed

"I didn't do anything. I just left and she told me she wanted to come with me and leave Khari for a while we were gonna come back I swear."

James rubbed his temple and sighed.
"always problems with you people."

"what are you on about?"

"We notice you have a second child? With Kamiliah Campbell one of your other friends.. or girlfriends."

"something like that.."

"Your friend was killed last year.. anything to do with you?"

"no and even if it was why would I just say 'yeah it was me' that makes a lot of sense."

"Are you in a gang Makel?"

"No."

"Do you own a gun Makel?"

"No."

"A knife, or what you would maybe call a shank?"

"No."

A woman popped her head into the room.

"Drug test all ready for you James."

He nodded and she left closing the door again.

"what are you doing in London Makel?"

"I've told you. We wanted a break from everything so we had to leave."

"Well where is she!?"

"I don't.. I don't know."

It was becoming pointless because they had been questioning him for the last few hours getting the same answers.

He turned up and the police station covered in blood he didn't even remember where he was. They did a background check on him seeing he had been off the grid for over a month but it worse when they noticed Jade wasn't with him at all.

They changed him taking the bloody clothes for evidence and now had arranged for him to be brought back to Manchester.

"go on mate." He pushed him towards the door.

The bright light made him uneasy, gave him a headache he felt like he had been gone for years.

"Open your mouth."

Location: Manchester, Corner shop.

"Thanks boss man." Keantae's nodded holding the bag of items.

Some nappies and a few snacks since they had been running low.

He stepped outside looking around of course spotting Amir, it was not doubt this was his corner.

"Amir." He called out.

"Yo, what you on?"

"I need it, as soon as possible."

"The gun?"

"yeah, I gave the other one back to deion."

He nodded and stroked his beard.

"come with me."

He followed behind his uncle towards the back of the shop were he parks his car.

"gloves." Amir pointed out the black gloves in the boot.

He put the bag down slipping them on, he looked at the assortment of gun in the car.

"just take the pistol."

"I always get the pistol.. but it's leng so oh well." He picked it up sticking it into his waistband and covering it using his hoodie.

"I'm gone init." Amir waved getting into his car.

He turned away from him towards his car.

Renzo

-get it?

Yeah. I just need his phone.

-why is Makel in ldn?

huh?

*end of chapter