Part 14

"Hey guys, you were gone a while," Sam said, trying to hide a smile when he heard the bunker door creek and Cas and Dean entered. He was sitting at the table with his laptop out. "Did you have a good time?" he asked, chuckling.

"Yes, as a matter of fact, we did," Cas said as they walked down the stairs. "Dean took me to look at the stars."

"Oh, really?" Sam said, grinning at his brother.

"Shut up," Dean said, laying his blue jacket across one of the chairs.

"And," Cas said, sliding his trench coat off and expanding his wings so that Sam could see, "my wings are healed."

"Hey, that's great, Cas," Sam said, smiling. "So will they go back, now? I mean, you've gotta be tired of not being able to wear shirts." He grinned at Dean who just gave him a Bitch glare.

"That and not really being able to be in public," Cas stated, bringing his wings back down to his sides. "But, honestly, I am not sure how to get them back in.  I'm guessing that will be quite painful as well," he said in dismay. He'd had enough pain to last him a lifetime in these past few weeks. Especially when it came to his wings. "Maybe Gabriel will know. Will he be back soon?"

"Ta-da!" they heard and looked over to see Gabriel standing there. "How's that for timing, huh?" The Archangel said, grinning. "You're looking better, Cassie," he noticed. "No more sling. Wings okay?"

"It's Cas, or Castiel," the angel replied firmly, eyeing his brother. "And, yes, they are doing better. Speaking of which, now that they've healed, what's next? Do they go back?"

Gabriel shrugged as he placed the Seal of Solomon and the Fruit on the table. "Honestly, bro, I'm not sure," he said. "And I'm not sure you'd really want them too. It would hurt like a mother."

"Yeah, that's what I thought," Cas said, spreading his wings slightly so he could sit in a chair and then letting them fall back behind it.

"We'll figure out something, Cas," Sam assured him. He turned to Gabriel. "Okay," he said. "Time to call Rowena, and then get Lucifer."

"Um," Dean spoke up, raising his hand, "if we're gonna be hunting down the devil and trying to trap him, I think we should get a few hours of shut eye first. None of us looks very bright eyed and bushy tailed right now. It's past midnight," he pointed out, tapping his watch.

Sam looked at his brother. He did looked pretty peaked, and it was late. But he was so anxious to get to his Mom and Jack. "Just a few hours," he said, pointedly. "Then we go."

Dean nodded. "Scouts honor," he said, saluting Sam, and yawning. He walked out of the room and down the hall towards Castiel's room, and the angel followed. He started to situate his things on the floor again as Cas climbed into bed.

"Dean, please don't sleep on the floor anymore," Cas said, watching the hunter.

"Um . . . okay," Dean said, slightly shocked. "You sure you don't want me in here?" He looked at Cas, who was on his side, propping himself up on his forearm. "You'll be okay by yourself?"

"No, I would like you to be in here, Dean," Cas said. "I just thought you would be more comfortable in the bed." He said it with complete innocence and Dean chuckled.

"So, you're asking me to sleep with you?" he said, teasing the angel.

Cas blushed and looked down. He hadn't meant it that way at all, but hearing Dean say it he felt embarrassed. He bit his lower lip which Dean found incredibly sexy.

"Okay, now you're just asking for it," Dean said, climbing onto the bed on his hands and knees and moving towards the angel.

Cas smiled as Dean approached him and he spread his wings out to the side, falling onto his back as Dean knelt over him. Cas grabbed the hunter's shirt and pulled him down for a kiss, using his other hand to run his fingers through Dean's hair.

Dean lowered himself on top of Castiel, sliding one hand behind the angel's neck and the other around his waist, pulling Castiel over so they were on their sides, facing each other. He started running his fingers through the angel's dark hair as he felt Castiel's lips leave his mouth and move to his neck. He moaned softly. "Cas," he said. "I'm supposed to be sleeping." But he couldn't keep the smile from his face.

"You started this," Cas pointed out, moving his lips from Dean's neck to his jaw line, and then his nose, before he finally stopped and just stared at him, smiling, their faces close enough that their noses were touching. "Goodnight," Cas said, nuzzling the tip of Dean's nose with his. He kissed it gently and then rolled over. Within minutes he heard the hunter snoring softly.

********

Dean jolted awake to the sound of Castiel screaming. He rolled over to find the angel on his back, trembling, and sweating, his eyes closed, his head moving from side to side.

"No!!" Castiel screamed. "Stop! Please, stop!"

"Cas?!" Dean moved closer and tried to shake him out of it. "Cas?!" he yelled louder. "Cas, come on, wake up!" He pushed on the angel's arm but he wouldn't budge. In fact he was starting to cry in his sleep.

"Please," he kept saying, "Please, stop." And then he screamed again, this time arching his back.

"Cas, damn it!" Dean said, starting to panic. He scooted closer and placed his hand on Castiel's tear streaked face. "Wake up!" he yelled. He didn't know what else to do and Castiel seemed to be growing more and more frantic, so he pressed his lips to the angel's in a desperate attempt to wake him, and Castiel's eyes shot open. He looked into Dean's, breathing heavily.

"Dean?" he said, still crying. He wrapped his arms around the hunter and hugged him tightly. "How did you wake me?" he asked, trembling. More tears came and he could feel Dean's grip around him tighten, letting him know that he was okay. That he was safe. Dean rolled them over so that they were on their sides.

"I kissed you," Dean said, realizing how ridiculously fairy tale-like it sounded. "I can't believe it actually worked. You were scaring me, Cas." He pulled away slightly to wipe away the angel's tears. He kissed his forehead softly and then went back to hugging him. "You're okay," he said, stroking the back of Castiel's head gently. "I love you, Cas. You're okay."

Castiel's breathing grew less frantic and his body began to relax.

"What happened?" Dean said. "Was it a nightmare? Or some kind of trance or something? I mean, you were really in it."

"I don't know," Castiel said. "But Uriah was there. "He . . . It felt so real, and it was so painful." He was crying again, burying his face in Dean's shoulder. He wanted Dean to hold him and never let go, but he was also feeling guilty for keeping him awake, so he slowly started to pull away.

"Uh uh," Dean said, gripping him tighter. "Let me hold you."

"Dean, you need to be sleeping," Cas said, wiping tears away again, his chest still heaving.

"I'd rather be doing this," Dean said sincerely, and he felt Castiel relax into him.

Once again the angel was so overwhelmed by the hunter's kindness and compassion.

"I love you, Castiel," Dean whispered in his ear.  He could feel the angel's chest starting to rise and fall normally, and he continued to hold him.  "I love you so much."

"I love you, too, Dean," Cas said. He wiped away the last of his tears and sniffled. "I think I'm okay," he said, pulling away slightly.

"You sure?" Dean asked, taking the angel's face into his hands.

Cas nodded. "Maybe you could hold me from behind?" he asked, taking Dean's hand into his. "That way you can still sleep?"

"Sure, Cas," Dean said with a smile. He waited for Cas to roll over and then scooted closer and slid his arm under the angel's wing and around his waist. He nuzzled in next to him as close as he could and let his head rest on the soft, warm feathers coming from Castiel's back. Better than a pillow, he thought with a smile as he started to doze off once again.