Part 31

"Dean, I'm so sorry," Castiel said as they lay in bed that night.   Cas had wanted to go back to the bunker, but Dean had convinced him to stay on their honeymoon for a little while longer. With Uriah and Lucifer gone, and Jack's protection, Dean wanted to soak up as much time with his husband as he could before they had to get back to normal life.

"Cas, stop," Dean said, looking at his husband.  "This is, what, the third time you've apologized?  I know that wasn't you, okay?" He scooted closer, propping himself up on his forearm, and placed his hand on the angel's cheek.  "I'm proud of you," he said.  "You faced your demons.  Hell, you faced Lucifer, and you won.  You're one badass angel, Cas."

"No," Castiel said, sincerely, "I'm just very in love."  He took the hunter's hand into his and kissed it.  "You brought me out of that nightmare, Dean. Your faith in me, and in our love. That's what helped me take control again," he said.

Dean blushed and smiled.  "Hey," he said, "There's something I want you to do for me."

"Okay," Castiel said, pushing himself up also.  He was confused and intrigued at the same time.

"I want you to give me your mark," Dean said, smiling slightly.

"My . . . what?" Cas asked, narrowing his eyebrows. "Is that a euphemism?"

Dean laughed.  "No, Cas, your hand print," he said. "I want your hand print on my shoulder again." He blushed at the words as they left his mouth.

"You . . . you, do?" Castiel said.  He was genuinely confused.  "Why?"

Dean blushed even more now, looking down. "Because, I miss it" he said.   I've wanted it back for a long time now, Cas.  I just didn't know how to ask."  He looked at his husband now.  "But I want it there, reminding me, every day, that you saved me, all those years ago, and that I'm yours, now, and forever."

"Dean, isn't that what the wedding ring is for?" Cas asked, gesturing to Dean's finger.

"Well, yes," Dean said.  "And I love it," he added. ''But that's for everyone to see.  This is different.  This is just for us.  And it's about more than just our marriage.  It's about our whole relationship.  Our past, everything.  Please, Cas, it's important to me."  The hunter's green eyes were pleading as he looked at his husband, feeling like he had just bared his soul. 

Castiel's face softened and he scooted closer to Dean.  He knew how hard it must be for the hunter to share this with him.  To be so vulnerable.  He reached over and placed his hand on Dean's neck and pressed his lips to his, kissing him, softly, tenderly.  He slowly lowered himself onto his back, pulling Dean with him, their lips never parting.  He rested his hands on Dean's face, kissing him, running his fingers through his hair.  Feeling the hunter's body pressed against his, and they held each other, kissing again, and again, and again.

"Please," Dean said, out of breath, when he finally found the will power to pull away from the angel, resting his forehead against his.  His heart was beating rapidly, and his body temperature had risen quite a bit.  He wanted to continue kissing his husband, making love to his husband, but he wanted this too. 

For a moment Castiel had forgotten that Dean had even asked something of him.  He'd been so swept up in their passion.   He rested his hands on Dean's neck, his heart racing.  "If you're sure, Dean," he said. "But it will hurt."

"I think I can handle it," Dean said, his eyes sparkling as he pushed himself up a little.

"Okay," Cas said.

He reached up and gently placed his hand on Dean's left shoulder.  He tightened his grip slightly and closed his eyes. He heard Dean wince as he burned his hand print onto his husband's bare skin, and then he opened his eyes.  And he couldn't help but smile a little, seeing his mark back where it had been all those years ago when he had raised Dean from Hell.

"How does it feel?" he asked, looking up at the hunter.

"Perfect," Dean said, looking down at the mark, and then back at Cas. "It's perfect."  He touched his lips to the angel's again and felt Castiel grip his shoulder, right where his hand print was and it sent sparks racing through him.  He lowered himself all the way onto the angel again, gripping him tightly, and rolling them onto their sides.

Castiel released his wings and wrapped his husband in them, kissing him fiercely. 

And as the hunter felt those soft, strong wings enveloping him, and those perfect chapped lips against his, he continued to kiss his husband with the wonderful knowledge that he was the angel's and the angel was his.

The End